Eye toy x 100 (very sexy)

Sony reps would have more impact if they didn't yell:

"ISNT IT COOL?"

"IT'S COOL ISN'T IT?"'

every 5 minutes.

Oooo~

That's pretty :3

The cups thing is neato lookin'. Eye Toy might be a must-have for PS3 owners.

But could you imagine having a 2,300 square foot HD TV?

Or even the house to put one in!?

20070502ce0.jpg

Penny Arcade
Eye of Judgement - Sony's unbearably compelling CCG, played with the upcoming Playstation Eye peripheral - may be the most niche product ever conceived. A constructible deck card game that requires a custom camera and a six hundred dollar gaming console to interpret it, "niche" may be insufficient to describe the tight, sunless, deep sea crevice such a product might reside in. Not that it matters to me, of course: I am the pale white lobster that makes such cracks his home.

Webcams always make me slightly uncomfortable, though. They aren't so much evil as they are, well... cameras, pointed constantly at my face. I've never been able to determine if I'm worried about being surveilled through them, or if I think the device itself houses some prurient intellect. I needn't worry in this case, as Eye of Judgement comes with a special stand - a kind of personal Barad-dûr - which makes the camera gaze down upon the battlemat. In "judgement," presumably.

If you find the basic ideas presented here interesting, you need to make it a point to stop by Gamespot today - they just posted the most robust preview available for the game, along with a couple videos that reveal the play mechanics. It's really something else. Games that combine deck dynamics with tabletop positioning liquefy my will, making resistance impossible. Culdcept Saga, the Magic/Monopoly hybrid I have extolled in the past, is appealing for many of the same reasons - minus the physicality of actual cards, for which I will admit a shameful fetish.

I find it appealing and would enter into a Faustian bargain to acquire it, placing my eternal soul on equal par with a USB digicam and a few sealed boosters. The equipment required to even get in the door of this thing represents a material investment, but for the right product, cost is irrelevant - as we have discussed in previous installments, desire and perception warp our ideas of acceptable pricing. Is this game worth the cost? How about this game plus Final Fantasy XIII? This game plus FFXIII plus the fully constituted social online experience which must, even now, be in development?

Shiftfallout said:
and that makes it stupid? Honestly i think the wii looks just a funny.

he didnt say it was stupid

it has expensive written all over it, its cool, better than the 360s

Mitch2025 said:
looks like it has a tumor lol. the motion sensing stuff is mostly software based anyways so i dont see whey they should make it look cooler just to get people to pay more. the most they did was upgrade some hardware and enhance the quality
I agree with Mitch. But I'm expecting it to be about $150-200.

Back