Faulty Wii? Hardware issues?

OK Quick continuation of the story. I purchased the Nintendo WaveBird wireless controllers to play GameCube games. Using these controllers is why we keep losing the communication between the Wii remotes and the console. Haven't gotten to the bottom of all that yet but it is forcing us to resync the Wii remotes almost every time.

pfieldho said:
OK Quick continuation of the story. I purchased the Nintendo WaveBird wireless controllers to play GameCube games. Using these controllers is why we keep losing the communication between the Wii remotes and the console. Haven't gotten to the bottom of all that yet but it is forcing us to resync the Wii remotes almost every time.

try different channels on the Wavebird. since both use wireless, they can get in conflict, so try what i told you, normally it should fix the problem.

RaptorZX3 said:
don't forget to put the wireless router to "manual channel selecting" and choose a random channel, so it doesn't go in conflict with other routers around. i had a problem with channel 1 and 2, i switched to channel 9 and i have no problem since.

I too have a cheap wireless router (D-Link DI-524) but it works pretty fine right now.
I don't have to worry about that, I only have one router and I live in the suburbs, I have no problem with other wireless access points

i never had any problem with that yet, but i heard other wireless accessories can get in conflict with the Wiimote too (tv remotes, etc...),

i have had 3 lockips on my wii console but i just restarted and i was fine. i never turn my will off, it uses so little power i can be bothered with off and on. if you are having issues just unplug all componets (yes all componets) leave it for about 60 minutes (seriously) now plug it all in and turn on and keave it on overnight long if possible this should erease all know issues. i have done it and it works fine. as i said mine never goes off, not even in standby, light always green.

We opened our Wii Christmas Day and it worked for about 20 minutes - just enough for us to get REALLY excited about it - and then the power went off and we can't get it to start up again. The light won't even light up. Has anyone found a fix for it or is it dead?

Thanks! Hope you all are having a very Merry Christmas (and a lot more luck than we are).

Kristen & Janet

Janet7 said:
We opened our Wii Christmas Day and it worked for about 20 minutes - just enough for us to get REALLY excited about it - and then the power went off and we can't get it to start up again. The light won't even light up. Has anyone found a fix for it or is it dead?

Thanks! Hope you all are having a very Merry Christmas (and a lot more luck than we are).

Kristen & Janet

be sure to use a good power bar that would filter the power peaks, so those "peaks" won't damage the electronic components plugged on it.

send it back this is a power issuse must be a resister problem as it is losing power and the power supply is not losing power so must be the console. its in warrenty so just send it back. the time you spend try to fiddle it will be there and back.

Hardware reset?

I set up the wireless connection, said successful, downloaded update (took an hour) then it started downloading agin - still going over an hour later and not even a quarter through. How do I get back to home and abandon this? Even pulling the plug doesn't work - just wants to start again. Does anybody know?

MJS13 said:
I set up the wireless connection, said successful, downloaded update (took an hour) then it started downloading agin - still going over an hour later and not even a quarter through. How do I get back to home and abandon this? Even pulling the plug doesn't work - just wants to start again. Does anybody know?

what kind of internet connection you have? did you put the MAC address of your Wii in the "allow list" of your router?

on my side, i have one of the cheapest wireless router from D-Link (DI-524) and the only protection i have is "indestructible": only allowing MAC Addresses in the list to access my connection (wireless or not).

on my MAC Addresses list, i have: my main computer, my old computer, my laptop, my DS and my Wii.

can someone tell me if the blue led is allways on? i think mine got a problem it only shines when I light the console on wile 1 or 2 seconds and then it goes down. Allways i light it on he does the same thing so it looks strange for me... :S
An answer would be nice thx

Morgrif said:
can someone tell me if the blue led is allways on? i think mine got a problem it only shines when I light the console on wile 1 or 2 seconds and then it goes down. Allways i light it on he does the same thing so it looks strange for me... :S
An answer would be nice thx

look at the Nintendo website for the blue light...

there are a few threads about the blue light on this forum i think

Please dont forget if you have broadband connect, lets say a 2, 8, or even 10 meg you have to share with otherd on the same exchange thats why when you sign up for broadband have a look a your ration 50:1 or 100:1 is average the for everyone IP Address (behaind a NAT) you share it with 50 or 100 other people basically they subnet the ip address so that you can get more networks out of one ip address also you have to keep in mind that you on a dynamic ip address where it can change everytime you reset you device and also if you have multiple device on the same 2.4ghz freqency then the signal can also get lost so all in all but a decent wireless router and set that to dhcp and turn on nat on the router and you'll have no problems that whay do and i never had an issuse, wait i did have on issues i reset my router and i lost connection to my wii so all i did is go into the wireless setting, keep all excisting setting and search for wireless network again and it was all fine after thats. Linksys router are now owned my cisco (leading router manufactures) and i have never had a problem with mine.

Back