Faulty Wii? Hardware issues?

happen over the weekend it gave me errors saying it couldnt read Wii discs but it works on GC disks
Had this system for 2yrs
i think some people had dealt with this issue before

i looked up info about it and people had the same issue about it
and saying the problem about is the Laser of it and should replace it
the component of it is like around $15

That happen to my Wii once, I strongly recommend you send it to Nintendo, but it´s your decision, maybe you can get it repaired without going that far.

Good Luck!

hi to all i,m a new gamer and since i started playing cod(waw)on my g.friends wii the console started making weird noises and told me to eject the game disc and turn the power off.ive tried playing other games and it says the same thing.its driving me friggin crazy,can anyone advise pse.

I'm having probs with my wii remotes at the moment it won't read either one of them i'm using the wii rechargable batteries and i've just recharged them and i'm getting a message saying that the wii has lost connection with the remote i've tried the red buttons on both the remotes (with other batteries in to do it) and on the wii. any ideas? I have had it since not long before christmas 2010.

(figured out it was the rechargeable bateries had stopped working so gone back to normal batteries now)

Last edited:
Sensor malfunction

So we picked up one of those new dancing games at the store the other day, and for the first few plays everything was going pretty well and it was picking up our movements.
The past three times we've played it however our Wii has stopped reading our motions through the sensor and our scores get botched. We've tried resetting everything, changing out Wiimotes and batteries, even changing our sensor bar with one from another Wii we have in the house.

Has anyone had this issue before and could give me ideas on how to troubleshoot the problem?
The more and more it occurs the less and less we feel like playing.

Thank you.

My wii

My brother changed something and now all the wii says is "TV system of this signal is different from the recorders settings". It doesnt do anything else. please help :)

Well it's been a while since I came on here..

I bought a black Wii and it grinds when I turn it on. Anyone else have this problem?

ok big issues here, when i click on menu buttons in the wii menu with any of my remotes it won't click into the game or netflix or internet etc. all it does is clicks to move the buttons around, we did a format to reset the wii back to factory default and it is still doing the same thing with any of our controllers

Black and white screen

Hi, I really need help with this problem. My wii gets a black and white screen every time I turn it on. The graphics are there, the sound is there, but the colour isnt.

I wired it like this:

white to white
red to red
yellow to green (because there is no yellow slot)

It's on component 2, what's wrong, can somebody help me fix it?

HELP!

The sync button on my wii console no longer works. The button no longer moves (depresses), so i can not sync new remotes. Has any one else ever had thhis problem? Is it an easy fix if I went to the trouble of opening up the console and fixing it myself? I know I can pay someone else to fix it but If it's just a matter of a minor mechanical fix I would rather do it myself.

A little help here please....

When i play any games that has an opening movie like Trauma Center, the movie is getting slow and a little stuck....
but it's still playing the movie....the game works perfectly without any problem....

please help!!~ O_O"

My wii is only playing n64 games

Recently a friend of mine bought over a wii he had that was only playing n64 games for reason as if it was stuck in that mode or something, I wonder if this is a valid issue, and is there a way to reset the console to its default settings and all that. Anyone hear of somehting like this happening cus i havent at allllll this one is a first for me

Just recently my Wii has started breaking any disc that we put in it. Thankfully only happened w/ movies (modded Wii) but does anyone have a clue what could cause this?

Back