Faulty Wii? Hardware issues?

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
If you're having issues with the Wii hardware and/or Wii controllers, please use this thread for reporting issues and fixes.

Thanks.

Wiimotes not working.

1. It is NOT the batteries
2. I keep syncing then they unsync by itself
3. can only sync 1 at a time
4. after it turns off button clicking just results in flash
5. whenever i click them they flash
6. both stopped working at the same time
7. not lights or sensor bar (sense it was working before fine)

Plugged in Wii last night (after waiting 8 hrs in NYC cold). worked great, logged into my wireless access point and updated the firmware twice. played for a few hours. Turned the device off (went to standby, orange LED). Today, it stayed in standby mode and i could not recover from it. I turned off the power by holding down the power switch and LED went red. Hitting it again, it turned green, the screen shows absolutely nothing.

I've tried different inputs and 2 other TVs - the Wii turns on, DVD drive spins up, but the screen is completely black -

does anyone else have a similiar issue? There are no error codes reported;

/chris

My problem is the Wiimote. I'll be playing a game (so far Wii Sports and Cars) and sometimes the controller will just disconnect or shutdown. Also the wii cursor isn't that smooth on the Wii Menu. When I move it fast, it has rocky movement, especially when I get near the edges of the screen.

Sovieto said:
Wiimotes not working.

1. It is NOT the batteries
2. I keep syncing then they unsync by itself
3. can only sync 1 at a time
4. after it turns off button clicking just results in flash
5. whenever i click them they flash
6. both stopped working at the same time
7. not lights or sensor bar (sense it was working before fine)
Same problem here.
It was fine for the first 30 minutes and then my Wii remote would sometimes decide to stop. The mouse would disappear off the screen entirely. And when I get it back, whenever I scroll over a button, the mouse would disappear again. I would need to be really fast to get to choose something. This has been quite a problem but I don't get this whenever I play Wii Sports. This problem is quite bothering me.

I have wonderful Error 110213, when trying to connect to the internet.
Nintendo has said this is a hardware issue so *shrugs* I'll have to phone them and get it replaced lol.

anyways with the Wiimote issues I've found it acts funny where your playing into the sun or have a reflective sufface between you and the Sensor bar

has anyone actually gotten through to Nintendo about the 110213 thing?

my Wii suddenly turned off about an hor of it being on. i did nothing to it! nintendo is sending me a new power cord, incas that might be the issue, jus faulty ac adapter... i not, im demanding eb games a new sysem, or a full refund. iv wite 2 years for Wii, and i dont want to wait any longer. anyone know what causd he sysm to shu down... oh did i menion it wont turn back on, even when its plugged in XD

Lockups

I suppose I should mention it, as Nintendo says I'm the only one they've heard of.
I got my Wii Sunday without a problem (I work at a Toys R Us), got it home once I got off work. Played Wii Sports and Rayman for a while, with some occasional lockups on load screens in Rayman. I figured it was the usual launch system stutters, and made do.
Then I tried Red Steel, which locked up on the Ubisoft intro movie, about five seconds in. And Zelda locked up on the "Secure the wrist strap" screen before it even got into the game.
Nintendo had never heard anything like it, and sent me a new one. Should be here soon.

with the wiimotes.
i had the same problem... at first.
are you guys pressing the synch button on BOTH the wiimote AND wii at the same time?

thats what i did and they worked.

Another....110213

Hi,
Happy with the games - WiiSports, Super Monkey Ball and Red Steel (this one - pretty low graphics IMHO...), but the real problem was the internet set up.
After the first update...got stuck with the 110213 error code. Checked everything on the router (changed channels, reset SW, physical reset)...nothing worked...and I see on my router admin screen that the Wii MAC address is connected....So called Nintendo support...they're sending a replace unit...hope that one is already tested for that issue (and whatever else they encountered...)

wiicked06 said:
Hi,
Happy with the games - WiiSports, Super Monkey Ball and Red Steel (this one - pretty low graphics IMHO...), but the real problem was the internet set up.
After the first update...got stuck with the 110213 error code. Checked everything on the router (changed channels, reset SW, physical reset)...nothing worked...and I see on my router admin screen that the Wii MAC address is connected....So called Nintendo support...they're sending a replace unit...hope that one is already tested for that issue (and whatever else they encountered...)

Ya I had that problem. Until I actually read the support page online and upgraded my routers firmware.

And it helps to temporarily disable wep, as some routers don't work well with some devices when encrypted.

I came across a freezing issue with my Wii. Since I haven't gone to far in zelda I just called up the store I bought it from and plan to exchange it. They even told me when their next shippment will be.

God I hate going to the mall on Black Friday.

I can't get past the language selection screen in system set-up. Called Nintendo Customer Support, they're sending out a new sensor bar. If this doesn't fix the problem, Customer Support said I need a whole new system, should get sensor bar this week.

WiiLLNg24 said:
I came across a freezing issue with my Wii. Since I haven't gone to far in zelda I just called up the store I bought it from and plan to exchange it. They even told me when their next shippment will be.

God I hate going to the mall on Black Friday.

My Wii also froze when I was playing Wii Sports but it hasnt happened lately so im not really worried

Back