favorite band?

Frogger said:
I hate crappy girl rock bands like Evanescence and Within Temptation, they just sound wrong for me.

My favourite band, and have been, for a long time are SR-71 but hardly anyone knows of them, especially in Britain.

I've pretty much got a huge inde stroke running through me with Moby and Jamiroquai... and music I was brought up on.

My mum got me hooked on REM. Who are also amazing live.

My music taste varies. >.>;
REM. :)

Thank goodness someone agrees with me on crappy girl bands such as those! (no offense, Celestial :)) In fact, you probably won't agree with this, I don't like ANY girl bands. Lacuna Coil is ok (they use a woman vocalist), I can stand Kelly Clarkson, actually I can stand Evanascence too (my friend from school loves her, so i've adapted...), but I still don't like them. >.<

ssbb_lover said:
REM. :)

Thank goodness someone agrees with me on crappy girl bands such as those! (no offense, Celestial :)) In fact, you probably won't agree with this, I don't like ANY girl bands. Lacuna Coil is ok (they use a woman vocalist), I can stand Kelly Clarkson, actually I can stand Evanascence too (my friend from school loves her, so i've adapted...), but I still don't like them. >.<

It's ok, none taken! I just like their voices, I never really liked rock, I liked RnB... I'm still new to the rock music... I like Within Temptation and Evanescence because it's proper singing, not screaming and stuff, I do like male bands too though, Fall Out Boy, Good Charlotte, Linkin Park, they're great

xseabearx said:
My fav band is either Guns n Roses or Iron Maiden.

i've never understood those songs, that those bands play... they mean nothing to me =| - loads of people i know like 'em =) so i guess they're OK for other people (Y)

AFI, Aiden, Alexisonfire, Alkaline trio, Armor for Sleep, Atreyu (currently wearing tee =D), Avenged Sevenfold, Billy Tallent, Disturbed, Enter Shikari, Fall Out Boy, Finch, From First To Last, Goldfinger, Hate breed, Hot Hot Heat, Matchbook Romance, Muse, My Chemical Romance, Nickelback, Nine Inch Nails, Panic! At the Disco, Paramore, Rage Against the Machine, Say Anything, Silverstein, Simple Plan, Taking Back Sunday, The Academy Is..., The Audition, The Used and Yellowcard

Are the kinda bands i enjoy (Y) - I'm not sad enough to put them into alphabetical order... my creative zen does it for me... (I just copied the artists off that)

Dean

Currently Listening to:
Armor For Sleep - Truth About Heaven

Celestial said:
It's ok, none taken! I just like their voices, I never really liked rock, I liked RnB... I'm still new to the rock music... I like Within Temptation and Evanescence because it's proper singing, not screaming and stuff, I do like male bands too though, Fall Out Boy, Good Charlotte, Linkin Park, they're great
Linkin Park is great, and anyone calls them a 12 yr. old band I swear I will choke you till no air is left in your lungs...the only reason they got stereo-typed in the 1st place is because 12 yr. olds would go, "ZOMG LP WOOOT!" But, more than 12 yr. olds like(d) them. Their new album is going to have a great sound. :)

ssbb_lover said:
Linkin Park is great, and anyone calls them a 12 yr. old band I swear I will choke you till no air is left in your lungs...the only reason they got stereo-typed in the 1st place is because 12 yr. olds would go, "ZOMG LP WOOOT!" But, more than 12 yr. olds like(d) them. Their new album is going to have a great sound. :)

i like them before they went all 'J-Z'-ified...

Dean

Celestial said:
I loved Jay-Z and Linkin Park, especially Numb/Encore, was such a great song

'sif... they just lost it after J-Z... the magic that is... it just didn't sound like linkin' ought to =|

hmm... i might have to get the albums out now that you've mentioned them =)

Dean

Currently Listening to:
Finch - The Casket Of Roderick Usher

Blur, Gorillaz, the good, the bad, and the queen, Angra, led zepplin, peral jam, The killers, Flow, home made kazoku, nujabes, midicronica, U2, yeah yeah yeahs, old green day, linkin park, and koji kondo! :)

i liked all of collision course except for numb/encore,

my top ten(no real order)

DragonForce
Guns N' Roses
Rage Against The Machine
Black Sabbath
Led Zeppelin
Green Day(pre-american idiot)
Flogging Molly
The White Stripes(although meg white is a disgrace to all us drummers)
Goldfinger
Less Than Jake

A few...

Sublime, Iron Maiden, The Eagles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, CCR, Dire Straits, Jimi Hendrix, Black Sabbath, The Doors, Metallica

Back