favorite band?

Hochiminh said:
I'm not much into the radio crap or emo/punk, and some death metal...

I like prog, improv, female vocal bands, and rap/funk rock/metal.

Favorite bands (obscure):

-Drill
-Lifer
-Injected
-Mad At Gravity
-Sugarcoma
-Quarashi
-Nullset
-One Minute Silence
-Grade 8
-40 Below Summer
-Nothingface
-Drain STH
-Darwin's Waiting Room
-Bender
-Stuck Mojo
-Skrape
-Falling Joys
-Dead Poetic
-Slur
-Eighteen Visions
-Slapdash
-Beats the H*ll Out of Me
-Skye Sweetnam
-Feeder
-Kook
-Scar Symmetry
-From Zero

Favorite bands (mainstream):
-Godsmack
-Disturbed
-Mushroomhead
-Mudvayne
-Neurotica
-Nonpoint
-12 Stones
-Stereomud
-Crazy Town
-Smile Empty Soul
-Evanescence
-Three Days Grace
-Seether
-Tool
-A Perfect Circle
-Chevelle
-Flyleaf
-Foo Fighters
-In Flames
-Lamb of God
-Shadows Fall
-Thousand Foot Krutch
-Adema
-Pearl Jam
-U2
-REM
-a lot of 80's and some 60's and 70's (Zeeplin, Doors, Deep Purple, Steve Miller, Pink Floyd, Geoge Thorogood, CCR, Guess Who, Jethro Tull, Survivor, REO, Styx, Journey, Foreigner, Talking Heads, Bangles, Blondie, Berlin, Bananarama, etc.)

But I mostly listen to nonmainstream, however. I'm not really into the high pitch screamers or total low death growls. More like half way between.
In Flames is mainstream and Dead Poetic isn't? :lol:

(I like them both as well)

ssbb_lover said:
In Flames is mainstream and Dead Poetic isn't? :lol:

(I like them both as well)

Yeah, I guess you can say that...Eighteen Visions could be considered mainstream as well. Of course, what does mainstream mean to you? I think that would be a wonderful topic to write about in these forums.

Hochiminh said:
Yeah, I guess you can say that...Eighteen Visions could be considered mainstream as well. Of course, what does mainstream mean to you? I think that would be a wonderful topic to write about in these forums.
Hmm...mainstream.

Mainstream music to me (you should make the topic :p) is anything played on the radio, a big hit in iTunes, has a huge display in a CD store, or are mentioned on MTV.

Take Angels and Airwaves for instance, love em. They got put on MTV, everyone knows em now and pisses me off cuz I was one of the 1st listeners, now everyone else likes them. Mainstream Media will do that to you...

ssbb_lover said:
Hmm...mainstream.

Mainstream music to me (you should make the topic :p) is anything played on the radio, a big hit in iTunes, has a huge display in a CD store, or are mentioned on MTV.

Take Angels and Airwaves for instance, love em. They got put on MTV, everyone knows em now and pisses me off cuz I was one of the 1st listeners, now everyone else likes them. Mainstream Media will do that to you...

=| shouldn't you enjoy that =S

if every body else like 'em then that's a good thing... it means they have more fans and get more money - resulting in more albums...and essentially new music that every body can enjoy =D

But... i know how you feel... same thing happened with me and My Chemical Romance... one minuite every body doesn't even know of their existence (1st album) then 2nd album comes out and every body likes 'em ... then the 3rd and EVERY BODY know's about 'em! - But i wasn't too upset... they just got more 'emo' as the albums came out =(

=( i'm just upset that Finch didn't make it... stupid bands breaking up! :mad:

Apparently MCR's bassist has come out the band - any truth?

Dose the easyest thing

And loads more not on here
I just tend to listen to planet rock all the time

Mikey Way has suffered from depression for a while, I wouldn't be surprised if he has left. It said in Kerrang (which my friends were reading and all sobbing over) that he has left.

Well, I'll plug my iPod in. I like SR-71, in large doses.

itunesia9.jpg

Last edited:
My chemical Romance and panic at the disco!:cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut:

SGT.zac said:
My chemical Romance and panic at the disco!:cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut:

:eek:ut:

ive been listening to Ghost of Maine, ARCHITECT, Too Pure To Die, and The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza lately.

the_flood502 said:
Apparently MCR's bassist has come out the band - any truth?

Not True At All Mikey Way has left the tour due to his newlywed status :rolleyes: But is still an active My Chemical Romance bandmember

He has left the tour indefinetly to go on his honeymoon and do married couple stuff :hand: But hey you can't blame the guy for wanting a normal life once in a while..

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE = BEST BAND EVER
:D:D:D:D:D

Bash Me All You Want:scared:

WiiHoldOnTight said:
Not True At All Mikey Way has left the tour due to his newlywed status :rolleyes: But is still an active My Chemical Romance bandmember

He has left the tour indefinetly to go on his honeymoon and do married couple stuff :hand: But hey you can't blame the guy for wanting a normal life once in a while..

Hits you with a lump hammer
Not the best
There are bands that are better waay better

WiiHoldOnTight said:

^^ oh that IS good news =D Cheers for that (Y)

I'd never bash MCR... they aren't the best band ever... ALEXISONFIRE!!! is the best band ever... so... yeah... good luck with that...

www.theonlybandever.com (alexis <3)

but MCR is a good band :)

Forgot to mention in earlier post that i now like KoRn ^^

and i've re-kindled my <3 for linkin park... new album on the 14th-ish (Y) YOSH!

Darkprinny said:
Hits you with a lump hammer
Not the best
There are bands that are better waay better

*hits you with a kuhblammer*

It's called an opinion, and it could very much be the best band ever based on their own crappy...I mean different tastes in music.

Why is it that once a band is mainstream, it sucks?

What's so bad about being popular, it's a good thing to be well-known, isn't it the reason you get into the business?

The reason not being money, but getting your message across, the more the marrier:)

En4Neo said:
*hits you with a kuhblammer*

It's called an opinion, and it could very much be the best band ever based on their own crappy...I mean different tastes in music.

^.^ wow... respecting other people's opinions now...

well... you tried i guess... (bold and underlined = your failure)

^.^

he he he

-----------

I think i'm going to try 'Dashboard Confessional' ^.^ there's been a lot of talk about them recently =)

Back