Favorite Sniper rifle?

Foosoo

Banned
Feb 24, 2008
Currently in England
Bit random, but I'd like to know what Sniper rifle you all prefer, or like.

Personally my favorite is the Dragunov SVD:
svd01.jpg

What about everyone else?

This is by far the best and most useful sniper rifle out there in my opinion. Developed for SWAT and military as a light sniper rifle with the range and accuracy of the Barret. This is just my opinion though, the barret is a bad ass piece of hardware. On a good cold morning with no wind I am accurate to 1250 meters with this rifle and by accurate I mean I can get a bullet in the area of a paper plate sometimes:lol: that isn't an every time thing for me. And no if you are wondering I do not own this rifle I just have had the opportunity to shoot one several times, I am saving my money up for one however.

Here's some links Longbow
Dakota Arms

That'll take the new[er] .338 Mag - that's a pretty impressive round - like 1700 lb/ft @ ~1750 fps out to 1000 yards (and effective s good bit beyond that).

[edit]

FWIW, I'm not a "gun nut" or anything :D

VidyaVince said:
Also, everyone on Wiichat=weapon experts? :wtf:

There's a few folks who seem to genuinely know what they're talking about from hand-ons experience (not sure if it's private sector, LE, miltary, etc.).

There are also quite a few people who just regurgitate specifications from Wikipedia or are speaking in the context of a videogame :lol:

Last edited:
Floydd said:
Barret 50. Cal. Even though you can't aim worth sh*t after you shoot it.
actually you can when you're lying down... its not like cod4. and you should always be lying doing to use it anyways.

i like the M40A3

Hmm..I've always liked the .308 sniper rifle but nothing too special about it..

The Dragonuv SVD is by far my favorite sniper rifle. It's such a beautiful weapon. Seems to me that the OP and I have something in common.

@ DT- You're absolutely correct..A lot of people spit back info they learned off of games or Wiki. Others just instantly like other firearms like the M-16 or AK-47 because they're such commonly known guns in the world, without knowing how beautiful and powerful they actually are...I say that if you've never fired the weapon, the person really shouldn't talk much about it. Right?

Last edited:
lol i take all my experience from computer games most recently cod4

my fav on that game is the R700
but i dont sniper on that game i am more of an assault rifle guy

Back