GameStop Pre-Order: March 10th?

FR.

Feb 19, 2007
Connecticut
Wii Online Code
4253-4708-4555-0363
I asked this in another thread but I never got a response.

When I went to pre-order my copy of Brawl at Gamestop, everything worked fine but then they said that I would have to pick it up March 10th, opposed to March 9th. Has anyone else been told this at GameStop?

if that's true, I'll be pissed.

I'm headed to gamestop right after work to reserve my copy!

Hmm im reserving mine at gamestop (gotta save still ggrr) but I dont know how many copies they ordered and how many people reserved it there. As for you it probably depends on when you reserved it since it should be first come first serve. Good luck!

...what's the point of reserving a game when it doesn't guarantee you get it first day?

if i don't get my game on march 9th, i'm going to rip the poor cashier's nuts off.

I preordered mine 6 months ago. Because Gamestop got greedy, and kept taking preorders they won't be able to meet supply in my area. They have 210 preorders for just one of the 3 stores! To make it worse they are doing a 1am launch! Daylights savings day is March 9th. I'm trying to contact my friend to pick up the game for me, because there's no way I can make a 1am launch. If I don't somehow get it on launch, I'm probably looking at 1-2 weeks delay for the next shipment.

Noooooo!!!!
I am GOING to get this game March 9th, even if it means going to gamestop at 1 in the morning!

o_o

march 9th is the day they ship out the games from those storage places and usually takes a day to arrive!!!

READ TIS POST: there is a very good chance that each store (ex: gamestop, eb games, wal-mart) will have about 10-20 copies coming in on march 9th at around 2:00pm-6:00pm. so what this means is, if you reserved the game and there are less than 10-20 people who reserved before you, chances are that you are going to get it. i reserved about 7 months ago. i was like the first person to reserve at toys r us, so i'm pretty sure i'm gonna get it. good luck guys. ps: i already have the game because i'm in japan right now. coming back to canada because i have to get off my vacation.

Well i asked a guy yesterday at gamestop and he said that they get teh ship ment earlier that week but dont sel them untill march 9th also he said that they will order how many pre-orders there are a week before the launch and 5-6 extra so that means they well have your game until you pick it up so you can pick it up at 2pm marth 9th or any other day!!!

This is a very confusing topic that consists of quite a bit of gray area.

When you reserve most games, you recieve them the day after the 'street date'. This is because the date that Nintendo announces is actually the date that they send copies to retailers, and, in most cases, they do not arrive until the next day. However, in some cases [usually with popular games] Gamestop guarantees a 'street date release' in which they confirm that the game will be released the same day as the 'street date'.

I'm not entirely sure what is going to happen to Brawl. All I can tell you guys to do is to call your retailer on March 8 and tell them your exact situation, BEING AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE. They may be getting some copies in on the 9th, but not enough for all of the reservations, so BE SPECIFIC, the person you're talking to is earning minimum wage, and doesn't really care about you.

I'm going to call on the ninth and first ask if they're getting them in tomorrow. If yes, I'll continue to ask if they're having a midnight release. If not, I'm going to ask at what time they open and that if I'm waiting at the door when they open if they can guarantee that I will have a copy. I will then ask for them to put their co-worker on the phone [Gamestop always has two employees working at a time] and get him to confirm the exact same things.

Back