Gears of War

yo ABC! whats up man? i'm getting this game when its released on the 17th..like this friday coming. not long to go now! and i will have live set up then so me you, atillia and mike can kick ass for the B-Team woo!

george:) said:
yo ABC! whats up man? i'm getting this game when its released on the 17th..like this friday coming. not long to go now! and i will have live set up then so me you, atillia and mike can kick ass for the B-Team woo!

Hhaha wassup man?! Well dude, I've been telling you for what, four months now to get Live so you can join the B-Team.

ABC said:
Hhaha wassup man?! Well dude, I've been telling you for what, four months now to get Live so you can join the B-Team.

lol yeah, well the pc guy should be out on wednesday..cant wait :yesnod: tell me, whats so good about this game? i know the graphics are just amaizing but what about the gameplay?...please tell me more about it since you have first hand play of it..

Just read what I wrote above.... it's amazing. I am definitely playing through the campaign at least 3 times. Not to mention that at ANY TIME while playing the single-player, you can invite a friend to play co-op. So, let's say I am having trouble at this one part and you are online, I can invite you in to help me out... yeah, fcuking awesome man.

and that means???....i know, gears of war is the apple and H2 is the orange..i love apples and hate oranges...that means gow wins! yay...lol dont you agree ABC?

Of course I agree. The Halo searies is a dead horse that is being beaten with millions of sticks and the GoW series has just taken off... and DAMN is it a beauty.

Yeah I saw some trailers for this game it looks way better than H2 and H1.
The graphics are too good to be true and the game play look awsome with that pop and stop style looks like it takes stradegy! It makes me want to buy a 360 but thats not going to happen :( lol.

Mecko said:
Yeah I saw some trailers for this game it looks way better than H2 and H1.
The graphics are too good to be true and the game play look awsome with that pop and stop style looks like it takes stradegy! It makes me want to buy a 360 but thats not going to happen :( lol.

Seriously, when I saw thew video and screen shots, I couldn't believe it either... then when I bought it, put it in my system and played on my 32" HD LCD... I thought I was dreaming. It's that insane man. As for the gameplay, it is the perfect balance between strategy and run and gun action. So sweet. Honestly, I was thinking of getting rid of my 360 and keeping the Ps3 and of course the Wii I am getting... but now my gameplan has changed thanks to this title.

I have to admit the 360 has grown on me a little recently. To the point where I might actually consider buying one. With games like Dead Rising and Gears of War all is looking good on the 360 front.

The 360 has left me cold for the past year. The best it had to offer was Oblivion but I got put off because apparently the framerate is pathetic and - as with a lot of 360 games - there are plenty of glitches.

My problem is I can't afford a HDTV at the moment so I see no point in getting either a 360 or PS3 just now. Also, no-one knows whats going to happen with the blue-ray - hddvd war.

My advice to anyone without a next-gen console or a HDTV - wait for another year before you invest in a ps3 or 360. By all means by a Wii though.

Personally, I think over-the-shoulder is the future of video gaming, to take over FPS. I love it, it gives you more of a feel to the game and that it IS you. Not a gun pointing to the middle of the screen.

Inspire said:
Comparing H2 to GoW is comparing apples to oranges.
Yeah, seriously one is an epic first person shooter with a lengthy single player campaign (I totally agree the first Halo was way better when it came to story; I actually called up Slackers when I finished it and asked if I had missed some secret extended single player mode and they said no and that it's about 7 hours shorter than the first Halo. Bungi had to cut the game in half I heard, so there would be a Halo 3, but they could have made a better transitional ending for sure.) and pretty awesome multiplayer with dual-wielding weapons, vehicles you can jack, etc. while the other is a horror/post apocalyptic/gory/third person shooter that has a short 10hr single player and fun but somewhat cramped multiplayer maps/options.

Don't count Halo 3 out yet, after all we haven't even seen a true gameplay video and you know you'd be lying to yourself if you said you didn't want to know how it all ends first hand.

Last edited:
All around me are familiar faces,
Worn out places,
Worn out faces,
Bright and early for the daily races,
Going nowhere,
Going nowhere,
Their tears are filling up their glasses,
No expression,
No expression,
Hide my head I wanna drown my sorrow,
No tomorrow,
No tomorrow,
And I find it kind of funny,
I find it kind of sad,
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had,
I find it hard to tell you,
I find it hard to take,
When people run in circles it's a very very,
Mad world,
Mad world,
Children waiting for the day they feel good,
Happy birthday,
Happy birthday,
AND I feel the way that every child should,
Sit and listen,
Sit and listen,
Went to school and I was very nervous,
No one knew me,
No one knew me,
Hello teacher tell me what's my lesson,
Look right through me,
Look right through me,
And I find it kind of funny,
I find it kind of sad,
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had,
I find it hard to tell you,
I find it hard to take,
When people run in circles it's a very very,
Mad world,
Mad world,
Enlarging your world,
Mad world...

lol
bloke at work says this game sucks

Hey, santascow. Those song lyrics are sort of...off topic, but that's a good song.:thumbsup:
I like it done by Gary Jules in this video:
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N3N1MlvVc4[/MEDIA]

*EDIT* Ah, I just realized why you posted those lyrics. I didn't know it was on a GoW commercial.

Here's the commercial for anyone (like me) who hasn't seen it:
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccWrbGEFgI8[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
Back