Best Final Fantasy Game

Jun 22, 2007
USA
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
I really didn't know what section to put this in because I don't have any idea of what the game is about, systems it is on, etc.

I was just wondering what the best Final Fantasy game was, because I am hoping to start playing some of the games. I have never played any of the games, and want to know which one would be best for me to start playing and to acutally know what is going on.

I own a PS2, GC, Wii, and a PSP.

My personal favourite is Final Fantasy VI, mainly because I think it has the best storyline. You might be able to pick up the PS1 port (part of the Final Fantasy Anthology in North America) for your PS2, I don't believe it's on any of those other consoles.

By the way, there's no need to worry about "what's going on", as each game (barring FFX-2 and FFXII: Revenant Wings) is essentially a self-contained story set in a different world with no relation to any other games in the series (except FFXII, which is set in the same world as FF Tactics, although you don't need to know that to understand the plot). I think all the games in the series can be found on either Game Boy Advance, DS, and Playstation 1/2.

Pikachu256 said:
My Favorite Final Fantasy Was Final Fantasy 9 For The Playstation One.
I don't know why but I was hooked on that game for months trying to beat it. =]

Ah yes, that was my second favourite. That one has the best music in the series, in my opinion.

I like FF3 for DS, but since its the only one I've ever played IDK what you should get

Ok, thanks for the replies. I'll look into getting one of those recommended games. Any more replies are welcome though.

Are you people joking?:lol:
Final Fantasy 7 was the best hands down.
Then 9 came after it..

laderer5 said:
Are you people joking?:lol:
Final Fantasy 7 was the best hands down.
Then 9 came after it..

Personally I think FFVII is overrated. The story is unfinished and full of plot-holes, the translation was terrible, the non-prerendered graphics looked a bit iffy, and- I know many of you won't like this- most of the characters are unlikable and have pretty much no personality and individuality. Saying that, I don't think it's a bad game (in fact it's one of the best games released for the PS1), I just feel it needed some more work.

Napalmbrain said:
Personally I think FFVII is overrated. The story is unfinished and full of plot-holes, the translation was terrible, the non-prerendered graphics looked a bit iffy, and- I know many of you won't like this- most of the characters are unlikable and have pretty much no personality and individuality. Saying that, I don't think it's a bad game (in fact it's one of the best games released for the PS1), I just feel it needed some more work.

Your right,......I didnt like that:lol:
The characters had awesome traits and personalities.

I don't even have an SNES, so unless it's avaible for the VC, I can't play it. (I haven't checked.)

VII and X

But the X with the Dark Aeons (pal version) Now I bought a new PS2 with this game again to replay, but there won't be these dark guys :(

I've played 1-7 and the MMO (for about a month), and for overall impact, I would have to say 7, but they're all pretty good. It was FF in 3D for the first time, and I just remember being in awe of how big the game was. I thought the city - which was huge - that you started out in would be the only setting. But when you climb up that rope/wall for the first time and realize that there's a ton more out there, you really appreciate what went into it.

Back