Gears of War

Darkprinny said:
lol
bloke at work says this game sucks

That bloke is retarded. This is surely one of the best games I have played in the past 5 years.

There are going to be people who dislike any game. You're a prime example - you dislike the best-selling game in the history of the xbox.

I say apples to oranges because H2 was made for the xbox and GoW was made for the xbox 360 - there's an entire generation of hardware between them. If you ever play H2 on the 360, you'll see that it runs smoother - an indication that H2 was limited by the hardware capabilities of the xbox. It's only natural that GoW would look better. I can understand comparing them in terms of gameplay, but in terms of graphics makes no sense.

You might as well say A Link to the Past sucks compared to Twilight Princess - "just look at the graphics!!!"

As for Halo being dead, just remember that H2PC comes out in '07, H3 comes out in '07, and Halo Wars comes out in '07. Three games, and they're each being developed by separate companies because Bungie can't keep up with it all.

Just because you didn't enjoy the game doesn't mean that it sucks.

Who's played Shadow of the Colossus and God of War? In my opinion they are two of the best gaming experiences in the last 10 years! Is single player Gears of War better than either of those games? And I don't mean just graphics.

I love survival horror games. I wish there were more coming out for the Wii. And the 360. WII WANT SILENT HILL!!

ABC said:
Of course I agree. The Halo searies is a dead horse that is being beaten with millions of sticks and the GoW series has just taken off... and DAMN is it a beauty.

omfg this is where abc goes when he gets banned from 360forum!

SuckMyWii said:
omfg this is where abc goes when he gets banned from 360forum!
Lol.. That explains alot
Im pretty sure if this game got some better multiplayer modes..people wouldent even bother with Halo 3, im not sure if there gonna offer anything new or exciting.

Btw.. The song is called Mad World by Gary Jules

Last edited:
UkranianTractor said:
I don't understand all the hype with Halo. It was boring. Black was better. That was an awesome experience, although shortlived.

THank you, someone with a brain. And who the hell is SuckMyWii?

motherbrainrulez said:
I wil probably get assainated for this but I don't even think 360 graphics are that good.

Then you haven't played GoW... best looking game on any system to date.

motherbrainrulez said:
I wil probably get assainated for this but I don't even think 360 graphics are that good.

Ive only just got a 360 but ive been really impressed with its graphics. Got PGR3, PES6 and FEAR. FEAR is just stunning and one of the most atmospheric games Ive played in a while now.

Im looking to pick up GOW soon and probably call of duty 3 once I sort out my XBOX LIve stuff.

I had a chance to play GOW at uni on a dudes 360. It was pretty interesting. Only took me a few minutes to get used to the controls, before I started ripping it up, hardcore sylezzZ. I would definately get a 360 just for that, and Assassins Creed. Unfortunately though, I am sinking all of my savings into the Wii, so I doubt I'll ever get a 360. Oh well, can't have everything.

Back