Getting off topic in threads

tank

Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
Nov 26, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I've noticed since I've been here that threads always seem to get off topic in the worst ways. A thread starts off being about online play and turns into a 6 page argument about why it's wrong to say "that's gay"

I think the Mods should start deleting posts, or locking a thread when it gets so far off topic no one even knows the original topic.

There also seems to be a lack of Mods, I only ever see 2 or 3 active. With so many sub forums, everything seems kinda understaffed.

Well I think it's justified that a topic gets off topic when prejudice terms are involved, but the thread maker did apologize so I guess its ok to return back to topic.

erg, this wasn't exactly directed at that thread, but that was just the most recent example I could think of. It's been happening other places.

tank said:
I've noticed since I've been here that threads always seem to get off topic in the worst ways. A thread starts off being about online play and turns into a 6 page argument about why it's wrong to say "that's gay"

I think the Mods should start deleting posts, or locking a thread when it gets so far off topic no one even knows the original topic.

There also seems to be a lack of Mods, I only ever see 2 or 3 active. With so many sub forums, everything seems kinda understaffed.
have you ever had a conversation with a friend?
they always move on to one topic to a next
its called life.
its called forums.
its called itll never change.

It's alright for a thread to get a little off topic, as long as it's still relevant, and it still answers questions related to the main topic...
The mods do delete what they feel is necessary and anything that slips past them can be easily private messaged, or reported (little triangle at the bottom of posts).

God I want a Pizza so badly right now....I think I'll order some Papa Johns...and yeah threads get off topic sometimes....it happens. If people would stop being ignorant and throwing certain terms out there like they mean nothing.

MasterJedi2U said:
God I want a Pizza so badly right now....I think I'll order some Papa Johns...and yeah threads get off topic sometimes....it happens. If people would stop being ignorant and throwing certain terms out there like they mean nothing.

Papa Johns is soo buttery, I find it disgusting. Sorry, just had to voice my thoughts.

En4Neo said:
Papa Johns is soo buttery, I find it disgusting. Sorry, just had to voice my thoughts.

I find it absolutely delicious...the sauce is actually real at Papa John's. Anyways to each his own. Are you a Dominoes fan yourself? They are 2nd in my book...pretty good but still not quite up there.

MasterJedi2U said:
I find it absolutely delicious...the sauce is actually real at Papa John's. Anyways to each his own. Are you a Dominoes fan yourself? They are 2nd in my book...pretty good but still not quite up there.
eww my school gets dominos twice a week but its disgusting becuase they just freeze them and then reheat them
but dominos is good nontheless, all though i pefer papa johns

but anyways, whats your guy's view on the finding of jesus's bones?
i think their fake, until i see raw evidence that they can be traced to jesus, even though they have no dna to compare it to, thats when ill believe

yeah, I guess I walked right into this one :p

Im not all that much into the big chain pizza places. There are so many good little pizza places to order from around campus for me. They also have really good calzones. There is one place that makes this MASSIVE pizza. The slices are bigger than my forearm and you seriously can't fit it through doors when it's horizontal .

If I had to choose Id go with Pizza Hut though

its all about Little Ceaser's!!!!!!!! Dominoe's Pizza is nasty cause to me, the pizza is dry. and for Pizza Hut, the bread is jus soaked with grease. Little Ceaser's is jus right.

ZeLdA4LiFe said:
its all about Little Ceaser's!!!!!!!! Dominoe's Pizza is nasty cause to me, the pizza is dry. and for Pizza Hut, the bread is jus soaked with grease. Little Ceaser's is jus right.
i used to LOVE little ceaser's but they closed all of them down around me. i forget what it tastes like :sad:. anyways my favorite is Donatos! omg their pizza is like heaven! next up would probably be a local place called LaRosas. a lot of people i know hate it but i find it really good. especially their $4 calzones!!

Back