Halo 3 X Button

Taills said:
Pretty much anything you add to Halo could be considered "a whole new layer of gameplay." But at least it's something origional. Remember the dual wield? OH WOWZA! Gun in left hand! No wai! Thats AMAZING.

Bubble shield eh? What a cowardly device. Gonna love being killed with the sword/bubble combo. It also means that you're gonna have a hard time getting kills now. I at least hope the bubble shield has health rather than a timer.
yah maybe if you played FPSs youd know how it would add a whole new layer
please speak with knowledge, yes?

Sovieto said:
yah maybe if you played FPSs youd know how it would add a whole new layer
please speak with knowledge, yes?

I did and I do. If you put a bunch of tiny kittens in the game you could trip over, that'd be considered a new layer of gameplay because not only would you have to be able to kill other players, but you also have to watch where you step while you do, or you'd mess up, trip, and probably be killed. ANYTHING added could be considered so.
Bubble shield would be awesome if the timer had 2 seconds on it. That'd make it skillful as when to use it. But seeing the video, it stayed up for quite awhile. That means, as soon as anyone gets hit, they're gonna throw that thing down, sit in it, and just look around for where the shots came from. Camping is gonna be taken to new levels.

it has a timer but the sheild stays put. it doesnt move at all. also you cannot shoot into it or out of it. you can only kill someone if they come in or you go out. it doesnt really offer much protection because of this but it can save your life if you know how/when to use it

Yeah, I saw. But about that how/when part... what other time would you actually use it other than when you're being shot at? It's pretty much a common sense move.

If you could start out with it, rather than being able to pick it up... oh the horror during team matches. People are gonna be traveling in bubble tunnels.

I'd much rather have a short burst sprint...

Taills said:
I did and I do. If you put a bunch of tiny kittens in the game you could trip over, that'd be considered a new layer of gameplay because not only would you have to be able to kill other players, but you also have to watch where you step while you do, or you'd mess up, trip, and probably be killed. ANYTHING added could be considered so.
Bubble shield would be awesome if the timer had 2 seconds on it. That'd make it skillful as when to use it. But seeing the video, it stayed up for quite awhile. That means, as soon as anyone gets hit, they're gonna throw that thing down, sit in it, and just look around for where the shots came from. Camping is gonna be taken to new levels.

Yeah, I saw. But about that how/when part... what other time would you actually use it other than when you're being shot at? It's pretty much a common sense move.

If you could start out with it, rather than being able to pick it up... oh the horror during team matches. People are gonna be traveling in bubble tunnels.

I'd much rather have a short burst sprint...
you cant move it
people can come inside of it and kill you
once again, speak with knowledge.

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
you cant move it
people can come inside of it and kill you
once again, speak with knowledge.

I never said people could move it. That bubble tunnel could easily be made with teams, placing one infront of the other, making an invincible tunnel. Can you not see that?
Again, I know that. Who's gonna be the smart cookie charging at the guy in the invincible bubble? Again,
Gonna love being killed with the sword/bubble combo
Oh, and you can replace sword with shotgun... and pretty much any explosive.

Cut the semi-arrogant tone. Knowledge is gained through experience, and guess what I don't have with the bubble shield?
I'm going by what I saw on the video and what I've heard on here, inferencing what would happen on a multiplayer level with those Bubble Shields in play.

Still if your shield is down and someone is sniping you you can just throw the shield down and your saved this sucks

the bubble sheild is like any super weapon. once its picked up, it will not spawn untill it is either used to droped for a certain amount of time (which on halo3, is a LONG time). only 1 person can have the bubble sheild and it is a one time use. you CAN leave the bubble and people CAN enter the bubble. however you cannot shoot out of the bubble or into the bubble. also once in the bubble you can deactivate it by shooting the generator in the center. the bubble sheilds are needed for stratagy. for example, the new gametype VIP you have to protect 1 person on your team from getting killed, you can use the bubble sheild when the enemy starts to close in on you. this will require them to have to enter the bubble in order to kill the VIP. however the bubble can be used against you because they could run in and drop ma granade and turn the bubble into a death ball. the bubble also only lasts about 30 seconds and doesnt respawn for like 5 minutes. your making it sound like some ungodly awesome item that once used, you turn invincable. that is not the case at all. i have used it many times where the enemy forces me out and uses the bubble for themselves

Haven't read any posts yet but I was hoping they were still gonna make it work as a cancel (when you had full ammo) allowing BXRs. Because I love em. Also hoping they'll keep Double Shots but I really doubt it.
x maybe activates bubble shield?

Edit: just read your stuff on bubble shields. Aren't they just way too cheap in OddBall, if you have 30 seconds, just use the bubble shield and GG almost.

Last edited:
massi4h said:
Haven't read any posts yet but I was hoping they were still gonna make it work as a cancel (when you had full ammo) allowing BXRs. Because I love em. Also hoping they'll keep Double Shots but I really doubt it.
x maybe activates bubble shield?

Edit: just read your stuff on bubble shields. Aren't they just way too cheap in OddBall, if you have 30 seconds, just use the bubble shield and GG almost.
it activates any item you have. but for oddball it does not mean an automatic win. like i just said, people can enter it and kill you. the ONLY thing it stops is bullets and granades. if a gradande blows up inside of it, it will contain the blast and most likely kill anyone in the bubble

Yeah but being covered by team mates and stuff it's hard to get in. If BXRs are in the game, as soon as they get in your shield (if they can get past your team) then you can BXR them, if not a melee will kill them most of the time if they are hurt, or else sword/shotty/whatever close weapon there is in Halo 3 may help you.

I haven't read anything so I don't fully know how the bubble shield works, but what I can make out is that they need to come right up to you and enter the bubble to hurt you.

yea and you need to either leave the bubble of have them enter for you to hurt them. the bubble protects the people on the inside from the people on the outside and its protects the people on the outside from the people on the inside. if you think about it, the people inside can be screwed if the people on the outside have all the super weapons

Mitch2025 said:
yea and you need to either leave the bubble of have them enter for you to hurt them. the bubble protects the people on the inside from the people on the outside and its protects the people on the outside from the people on the inside. if you think about it, the people inside can be screwed if the people on the outside have all the super weapons
the way your talking about it
i feel that its going to be ignored in the future of halo
it dosent seem as effective as i thought at all
like the situations it can be used in are so rare
and you die so much in halo its like why go through the effort of getting a bubble shield

yea i can see it being ignored in the future. its kinda like on of them "hey this is kinda cool" items that loose their awesomeness after a few uses.

Mitch2025 said:
the bubble sheild is like any super weapon. once its picked up, it will not spawn untill it is either used to droped for a certain amount of time (which on halo3, is a LONG time). only 1 person can have the bubble sheild and it is a one time use. you CAN leave the bubble and people CAN enter the bubble. however you cannot shoot out of the bubble or into the bubble. also once in the bubble you can deactivate it by shooting the generator in the center. the bubble sheilds are needed for stratagy. for example, the new gametype VIP you have to protect 1 person on your team from getting killed, you can use the bubble sheild when the enemy starts to close in on you. this will require them to have to enter the bubble in order to kill the VIP. however the bubble can be used against you because they could run in and drop ma granade and turn the bubble into a death ball. the bubble also only lasts about 30 seconds and doesnt respawn for like 5 minutes. your making it sound like some ungodly awesome item that once used, you turn invincable. that is not the case at all. i have used it many times where the enemy forces me out and uses the bubble for themselves

Ahh ok, not near as bad as I feared. I thought ya might have started out with it.

supafly said:
dont talk until you've tried it, and if you dont like it dont play it, fine with me

Have you played it? Your option to praise it without playing it is just a good as mine is to criticize it without playing it, as long as it's reasonable. It'd be pretty bad if I choose to play it just to please you.

I'm gonna play it eventually, and I know I'll have fun with it. But I don't have to like everything about it.

Last edited:
supafly said:
Are you kidding, thats big, it completely changes the way people are going to be playing, just so everyone knows, like i posted before, it does equipment, which can be a trip mine, portable gravity lift, bubble shield, power drainer and most likely a bunch of other stuff which we havent found out about. it isnt stupid or retarded, its giant because it will add another layer to the game and make it more competitive, so stop posting about what you have no idea about.

seriously just stop posting in this thread

WTF..... Are you CRAZY:shocked: . Cause it seems to me that you have just gone mad thinking that Bungie would actually put that kind of idea to an X button!!!
You know what, tell me, how in the hell is that going to change how we play games? And you know something else, you shouldnt even post because how will dropping a freaking shield add a GIANT LAYER to the gameplay, thats just like me having a gun on halo, dont matter what kind of gun, and just dropping the gun only to get shot by someone else, someone must have shot one of your balls of saying if you dont agree with me, then ill shoot your other pair!
So before posting and saying some dumb stuff about someone else thread, read it carefully and post a better judgement!!

p.s. (Your RETARDED for thinking that idea would be a SOO CALLED GIANT LAYER in HALO3, or better yet, a freaking NOOB):mad5:

Back