Have your parents played Wii?

My parents have, at Nintendo World Store :D Along with my first time with the Wii also

my dad played all the wii sports, he said it was great. He said the boxing was like a workout, and he cuold really get into golf.

my mom tried to play zelda. took her 10 minutes to herd 4 goats.

^ Lol, bless.

It's funny when non-gaming parents pick up the controller (on any console). My mum looked hilarious when she tried Guitar Hero. She was actually quite good at it. :wtf:

The person I'm most excited about playing Wii is my girlfriend. It great to have something we can both do, instead of her just getting bored watching me play. She's always more pumped up than me to play Wii. :D

dalinkwent817 said:
I was wondering if anyone's parents have played Wii. I thought it was great when my girlfriend's mom actually wanted to try Wii bowling. (She played 2 frames, and after a few mis-throws, she ended up getting 2 spares!!) She even called up one of her friends right after to talk about it! Nintendo is obviously moving in the right direction, since her mom had NO INTEREST in video games whatsoever.

I think you can convince your parents to buy one more WII for you and you guys can play online game at home.

Nice Thread!

:) Hehhe most of my family if not everyone is a non gamer..
But i got my family to play and they had fun :)
everyones has a different sport they like to play

Example:
My Fiancee likes to play Baseball
My Father likes to play golf
my mother likes to play bowling
my sister tennis
and me Boxing

I start everyone off on Tennis since to me its the simplest one to play and its quite fun. I need to get more Wiimotes :0) so i can really get a party started.

Wii is something different to have my mom ( which i begged for hours and days to play the wii ) when she started playing tennis she didnt like it so much then i showed her bowling and she was getting strikes and spares like if she was a pro she moved from 0 - 300 the first shot!

Im really looking forword to other games for right now nothin intrests me besides Zelda Redsteel. eveything else looks like they do not make good use of the wiimote. i would like to get a good multiplayer game for more party like games like wii sports any sugestions??

my wife and i played it together for about 5 hours the first night, then over the holiday i took it to my parents house and EVERYONE loved it. my mom was rockin the bowling and dad liked tennis. my uncles boxed and my aunt got a fitness age of 32 (not bad since she's 50). the best was when we let grandma take a shot- she tried baseball and hit 2 home runs! :)

Nintendo will dominate this round of console wars due to the fact that all of those people would never play video games, but just about everyone that was over last night said they will go buy one within the next 6 months.

specialsauce said:
It's funny watching people who would never have interest in video games loving the Wii.

And that's what I love so much about this damn system. Sure it has many shortcomings, but the fun and "wow" factors far exceed the faults.

My parents haven't played it but they really think it's cool. Actually, on Thanksgiving I took it (and played Zelda) to the house we had Thanksgiving and all the parents were so intrigued by it! Haha. Parents won't admit it but I think they really want to try it.

Back