How good is Super Paper Mario?

Koops23 said:
Plus it has some of the greatest bosses....ever.

Uh what game are you playing? The boss battles have been nice, but they have nothing on some of the bosses from say games like Zelda and Shadow of Colossus.

Then again I'm on level 4....when do they get so great as you describe?

i'm having such a blast. this is my first paper mario game, and to be honest, i was a bit skeptical. but it's such fun to play; it really reaches in and grabs the kid outta ya, y'know? i love it. 9/10 so far...

p.s. when's the last time a genuine smile came out of you when playing a video game? mine was just a few minutes ago...

This is the most fun game I've purchased on the Wii so far. Imagine the feeling you got the first time you found a warp zone or a secret cave in Zelda...this game is like one non-stop warp-zone finding.

It's a perfect mix for the right and left brain. Just enough stomping on heads combined with puzzle solving. And plus, the dialog (which people are bitching about) is actually clever and makes some pretty funny observations (like when Bowser teams up with you).

I will also go on record as saying this is more enjoyable than Twilight Princess for me. Don't get me wrong, TP is a masterpiece, but it's kinda like The Ten Commandments, once you watch it once you're good for a few years.

Is it funny so far? I loved the random skits of funniness in Paper Mario 2...really hope this carries on that trend.

I am only on chapter 2:

The Good:

- The old school side scroll mixed with the ability to switch to 3D

- The Zelda meet Mario vibe, PIXL being like your Navi

- Some of the graphics

- The fact that it's just FUN. It actually does bring out the kid in you.

The Bad:

- Too much reading. Banter is psuedo-funny and, IMHO, not worth my time. Let me get to stomping on some of those classic mario characters please!

- Backgrounds can be obnoxious - at times reminds me of WarioWorld which I could not play because it looked like a seizure.

- Can be too easy. Remember in old school mario games when there was a "fire rod" spinning in circles you had to time yourself; yes, this was tricky and fun. Now, (again I'm only on chapter 2) you can simply flip to 3D world and walk around a paper thin fire.

The bottom line:

It's fun. 8.5/10 so far.

yeah way 2 much reading but still great love it

wow mario is paper(2d) in a 3d world

if u like old school mario its a good new school twist its a blast

It isn't the best game but it is really fun! The game had a sense of Zelda in it. Well made story, you know the ones that have a good guy and a bad guy....the good guy is the choice one. Well, I am amazed everytime I switch to 3D

My only complaint is the constant dialog but I think once I get all the characters it will slow down. I hope... I missed out on 1,000 year door (picked it up for 20 bucks at wal-mart today though) but I don't remember so much talking in Paper Mario 1.

Back