How many More Unlockables? A Speculatory Thread...

No if it comes down to it and there is not if time to make a completely new character then Sakurai will stuff clones in there and I won't blame him.

I wouldnt mind clones just as long as they have different final smashes and different attributes and stuff that are the same attacks but look different. Could you realy imagine Dr. Marios FSA being a giant storm of Drugs?

Any of you who had Animal Crossing in their list may want to consider revising. ;)

I don't mind clones, especially if it means adding more characters to my beloved franchise.
@Extra Life Mushroom: There were 26 characters in melee, do you honestly believe that Sakurai would have the roster increased by only 4 and have an unguilty (Is that even a word?) conscience? I'm expecting 36 characters AT THE LEAST, my guess is that the roster is gonna be 40-45 characters.

ssbb_lover said:
Any of you who had Animal Crossing in their list may want to consider revising. ;)

on some forum somewhere (maybe this one? o_O) in a prediction thread I guessed that there wouldbe stages without playable character representation (e.g. animal crossing, others yet seen). +1 for me!!! :lol:

Extra Life Mushroom said:
I think Ridley and K. Rool are definite SSE Bosses, and since the Rayquaza fight had a trophy stand as an item, I think it's fair to say all bosses will have the potential to be captured as trophies.

I'd much rather see them as bosses, and then after you beat them they become possible AT's. I think that would be a better way to go, but then again I'm not making Brawl am I? :lol:

I think it's foolish to expect 30+ characters in Brawl. Compare Brawl's game play and graphics to that of melee. Then factor in the SSE storyline, plus the online engine, plus challenge mode, plus local multi player,plus AT's.. all these things are largely taken for granted, yet they take up large portions of coding in the game.

If they include that many characters in brawl the chances are they'd half-ass several in the interest of time, since they have had about what 1.5 years since the decision was to go from the Melee 2.0 format to the Brawl engine?

I want less characters but more depth in them. I'd love it if they kept it at the 24 characters that they have released and left it alone.

Although sadly it seems like they're going to add at least 3 more to the list...reason it bothers me is because one of them (Lucas) has been rumored to replace Ness. I mean why else would they include the caption:
"While he is timid in nature, he fights splendidly. Is it possible he can surpass even Ness?!"

Unless they give him a totally different move set, which seems unlikely since none of the other returning Vets got one. I mean Mario gets Fludd, Link's appearance and moves resemble their TP incarnations. That's about it for upgrading the veterans.
I'd expect Sakurai to at least find ways to differentiate the veterans from the newcomers this time, since I'm sure he heard the negative feedback regarding the clones in Melee.

Lucario seems like a replacement for Mewtwo. Although I'm wondering what kind of move set they will put in for him?

Jigglypuff was IMHO the "glass cannon" of the series..very powerful when mastered, yet very fragile. I hope his moves are given an upgrade in strength. I also wonder if his FSA will just be a copy of Peaches (more than likely).

If those three are in then so be it, but I do hope they are the last new additions this time around.
First of all, Ness is back in. proof is on this site. second, Sakurai promised a groundbreaking roster. my guess is at least 35.

Now for my top 8:
1. Ridley
2. Black Shadow
3. Krystal
4. K. Rool
5. Bowser jr.
6.Dark Samus
7. Wolf
8. Mii

Last edited:
Back