How many More Unlockables? A Speculatory Thread...

I personally don't like your theory, brawl isn't melee....it's a brand new game

ssbm didn't copy the same pattern of ssb, so why would ssbb copy ssmb, especially since this is the game sakurai is going all out on....

i'm personally expecting a roster around 48

^
Yeah but Sakurai probably wants a balance of starters and unlockables and if there were 48 characters I would find Sakurai and wash his feet<--christian thing

My top 8 would be
1.K.Rool
2.Ridley
3.Baby Bowser
4.Wolf
5.Black Shadow
6.Krystal
7.Slippy
8.MIDNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Need more Fire Emblem Characters but not many have ONE main character. That's is why I think Hector would be unlikely. Lyn has her signifigance and she is an AT. Eliwood is just a fag. That was my favorite Game by the way.
We need a villain for all veteran veterans. 1.DK, 2.Samus, 3.Yoshi, 4.Fox, and 5.Cpt.Falcon. I'm a big Star Fox fan thus Krystal and Slippy. I could make a moveset for Slippy so don't try me. Midna was awesome so it is annoying that nobody has mentioned her. If not Midna, Skull Kid.

Skull Kid would be freakin' sweet
I can already picture his final smash: He calls on the moon of termina to smash into the stage

If this hasn't been brought to anyones attentions yet, I'll bring it, If Ridley and K. Rool are playable that would mean that there would be 4 reptiles in Brawl, (Bowser, Yoshi, K. Rool, Ridley).

Just a crazy thought.

mushroomedmario said:

ssbm didn't copy the same pattern of ssb, so why would ssbb copy ssmb, especially since this is the game sakurai is going all out on....

eh, you don't -have- to like it :yesnod: It's just a theory.

Besides, I like your better as it gives me more characters, lol. :smilewinkgrin:

JLU51396 said:
If this hasn't been brought to anyones attentions yet, I'll bring it, If Ridley and K. Rool are playable that would mean that there would be 4 reptiles in Brawl, (Bowser, Yoshi, K. Rool, Ridley).

Just a crazy thought.
But they are 4 EXTREMELY different reptiles, so it would be okay.
even if they weren't to different, I wouldn't care. Ridley and K.Rool should join the brawl!

mushroomedmario said:

48 might be a bit much... we don't want it to turn into one of those stupid fake rosters some people make up. Then again, maybe im just not thinking outside of the box too much. who knows? All we can do is wait another month and hope for the best. Im sure whatever happens, Sakurai will have us pretty much set for the next decade.:lol:
Edit: 100 posts baby!

Hmmm.

1. Ridley
(Why I support this guy so much, I do not know...)

2. Geno
(I mean, I supposed to be the GENO fanboy!)

3. Robotnick
(After 'discussing' it, I think Robotnick would be mega-hellah-awesome.)

4. Megaman
(Sure, the guy said nobody contacted him. Think he'd tell you even if they did?)

6. Animal Crosser
(WTH!? Character of 'Times'!)

Uh...

5. Zack & Wiki
(Support our new IP's!)

5 1/2. DIMENTIO!
PLEASE SAKURAI?!

I think Ridley and K. Rool are definite SSE Bosses, and since the Rayquaza fight had a trophy stand as an item, I think it's fair to say all bosses will have the potential to be captured as trophies.

I'd much rather see them as bosses, and then after you beat them they become possible AT's. I think that would be a better way to go, but then again I'm not making Brawl am I? :lol:

I think it's foolish to expect 30+ characters in Brawl. Compare Brawl's game play and graphics to that of melee. Then factor in the SSE storyline, plus the online engine, plus challenge mode, plus local multi player,plus AT's.. all these things are largely taken for granted, yet they take up large portions of coding in the game.

If they include that many characters in brawl the chances are they'd half-ass several in the interest of time, since they have had about what 1.5 years since the decision was to go from the Melee 2.0 format to the Brawl engine?

I want less characters but more depth in them. I'd love it if they kept it at the 24 characters that they have released and left it alone.

Although sadly it seems like they're going to add at least 3 more to the list...reason it bothers me is because one of them (Lucas) has been rumored to replace Ness. I mean why else would they include the caption:
"While he is timid in nature, he fights splendidly. Is it possible he can surpass even Ness?!"

Unless they give him a totally different move set, which seems unlikely since none of the other returning Vets got one. I mean Mario gets Fludd, Link's appearance and moves resemble their TP incarnations. That's about it for upgrading the veterans.
I'd expect Sakurai to at least find ways to differentiate the veterans from the newcomers this time, since I'm sure he heard the negative feedback regarding the clones in Melee.

Lucario seems like a replacement for Mewtwo. Although I'm wondering what kind of move set they will put in for him?

Jigglypuff was IMHO the "glass cannon" of the series..very powerful when mastered, yet very fragile. I hope his moves are given an upgrade in strength. I also wonder if his FSA will just be a copy of Peaches (more than likely).

If those three are in then so be it, but I do hope they are the last new additions this time around.

ELM: While you may think it's foolish to expect 30+ characters, I think it's foolish to expect less then 7 unlockables, 2 of which have already been revealed. And, with so much more in the game (as you said), there's more to beat, which (in my mind) implies more characters.

i agree with ssbb lover, i think it's foolish to think it's foolish that someone would think there's over 30 characters, you seem to be underestimating how long they've actually been working on this game,

your question about surpassing, in mother 3, ness was a god, and lucas looked up to him, it's about the mother story, rather than the brawl situation....plus there's no reason why there won't be clones in brawl

Is Sakurai going to announce any other non-third-party unlockables? I'd be happy if we started off with Mario, Link, Kirby, and Pikachu and had to unlock everyone else. That'd be the best thing I think. That being said, almost everone likes unlocking characters so I expect quite a few unlockables. Plus there is no stinking way Sakurai is going to waste perfectly good movesets. There is no doubt in my mind that Marth, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, and Mr.Game&Watch are back in. Falco, Ganondorf, and Luigi have great chances too. But I would be incredibly dissapointed if there weren't some new unlockables. And clones are like Cut and Paste so it takes very little time to make a clone and I'm expecting clones. So there are going to be many unlockables.

I'm pretty sure that no matter how many unlockables there are, they'll all end up with unique and intresting movesets.

Back