How violent is your city?

The town I live in is very safe. The cops will send like 5 squad cars for a misdemeanor.

Any violent crime goes on the whole damn force will be on you probably 5 minutes before you even committed the crime.

Where I go to school in, Toledo, can get pretty rough. 'tis ranked 64th highest crime rate in US.

It's hard to say. Recently there have been more and more issues involving gang related violence within the city. Over the summer there were a few targeted hits which occurred in public places or residential areas, not exactly poor places either. I believe one man was killed in a shoot and run incident outside his nice residential home/mansion. Along with gang violence, there is also the issue of homelessness. Which, relates to drug use, beatings etc.

However, other than that, it's not too violent. It just depends on where you are in the city. The homeless usually reside in the Downtown East Side which is mostly a bubble, away from regular society stores. People generally don't travel down in to that area and don't care much for the homeless. Which, is of course wrong.

London is comparatively peaceful considering its size. I mean, we have out fair share of knife crime, but with a city of 12 million residents, I'd expect no less.
1218879510139qk6.gif

Manchester populated by barbarians.

Ill grab my war hammer then

i live in Whittier, California and its like everywhere else i think Not 2 ghetto not 2 boring

When I was about 11 years old I went to Liqour Store that was 2 blocks from my house.I bought some groceries.I went in and saw these guys talking and one of them said something insulting to me so I cussed at him back.When I walked out this kid bigger than me ran behind me(I didn't hear his footsteps)and bam!He punched me in the back of my head.I turned around and saw him running away and I also saw the clerk yelling at him and asking me if I was alright.I just went home because he had his buddies inside the store.I didn't want to get in any trouble.

My jolly mailman and his girlfriend were found brutally murdered about 10 minutes from where I live about two years ago. I talked to my mailman all the time.

Other than that, it's not half bad. :)

Gosh,it sucks when someone that you know dies.One of my friends both of his parents were murdered when he and I were in 4th grade.He was inside his house while his 2 baby-twin sisters were asleep.His dad was outside and a man wanted his money and he gave him a little but he wanted more so he told his wife to call the police.The parents were Mexican and the criminal was a black male and somehow he understood what he said and the man took out his gun shot the man and went inside the house and shot the mom.Both unfortunately died.I saw my friend and his family crying in the Oakland local news.It is rough knowing that someone that you know suffered a family tragedy.But it is not unusual in Oakland.

Just down the street from where my friend used to live in south Toledo a crackhead shot one of my other friends step-dad and killed him. The crackhead was asking for money and the person gave him money, but the crackhead saw he had more money so he shot him and took it. The guy was also riding his bike home from work for the first time.

Never give crackheads money, just tell them you're broke. They will always want more and will do what they can to get more.

Gosh,it sucks when someone that you know dies.
Yeah, it really does. :(

RIP Eric Bratcher.

Died in a fight. Two good friends fighting over a girl (I think), he got hit in the face; died in the hospital later...

It depends.Did you read what happened to my friends parents.Funny true story that happens to my uncle in Oakland.My uncle was putting gas in his car and since he works in construction he was wearing dirty ripped clothes.So he sees a homeless man coming a he knew that he was going to ask him for some money and before the homeless man said anything my uncle asked him first( Do you have any spare change?)So the homeless man stuck his hands in his pocket and gave my uncle 3 DOLLARS!Then the homeless man said ( You know how we need to help each other out).That Is very ironic a homeless man giving you money.

Well last time I checked on the US most violent cities of 2008 it went like this
1.New Orleans,LA
2.Camden,NJ
3.Detroit,MI
4.St.Louis,MO
5.Oakland,CA
6.Flint,MI
7.Gary,IN
8.Birmingham,AL
9.Richmond,CA
10.North Charleston,SC
This is all based on the FBI.
i happen to live in birmingham! hooray!

I live in a very small village of less than 300 people, so crime here is nonexistent. We don't even have a city policeman, just the county sheriff. The only problem we have is with stray dogs. Yea, everybody knows everybody, and nothing is a secret, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Back