I have come to warn you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamiyama01

WiiChat Member
Apr 1, 2010
Too all Wii-owners:

Do NOT buy a Ps3! Sony has taken a stance to remove features from our system if they think it presents a security issue, rather than to take a effort to fix that feature by patching the security threat.

Our new update, 3.21 REMOVES the otheros feature - one that I personally use, as well as many others, and has adversely affected the oldest portion of our community - all of Sony's Ps3 launch consoles had this feature and it was a selling point.

This update also follows the so-called "Adware Update 3.00" which added extra store icons to our XMB and put an ugly skin on our friends list, in addition to putting in an advertisement banner that you can't turn off.

The thing is, it's been over 3 years since the Ps3 launch, and the only significant thing that Sony has added to our firmware has been text chat. let me repeat that again. Text chat.

Sony seems to think that removing features from a console they have sold to their customers is right and acceptable... I will not be purchasing a console from Sony ever again, and came here to warn you to do the same. Be glad that you bought from a company that actually ADDS FEATURES with it's updates.

Thank you for listening.

Too all Wii-owners:
Over all Kamiyama01 is correct. I don't think he quite does justice to the feature we've lost with the firm ware 3.21 update. I am a software developer and use Linux on my PS3 to write applications and do testing. Sony has now given me the choice to either use my PS3 as a Linux box or lose my work and use it to play games. The fact that The PS3 had Linux support was the main reason I bought it three years ago over the Wii. I now own both.

This really isn't much of an issue for most PS3 owners.

The main purpose of the PS3 is not to use Linux, it's to play games in high def. and watch blu-ray movies and such.

But if you did buy the console for Linux support, yes, this sucks. But no need to tell everyone, "OMG DONT EVER BUY ANOTHER SONY CONSOLEEE".

The OtherOS option didn't even exist in the new Slim models ever.

I agree it's pretty lame to take something away like that, but it only affects a tiny fraction of the users. I'm sure they calculated the cost of angering a certain percentage of their users and found it was preferable bite the bullet than deal with the issues of leaving the feature in there. The amount of testing that goes into each release is massive and costly, and having that feature in there would add a whole nother level of testing for what comes down to a seldom used feature. But really they should have though of that from the start. The Other OS feature only costs them money. Frankly I'm surprised they put it there in the first place. But yes it sucks for those who do use it.

And far more things have been updated than just text chat over the years.

Pft, who cares I've been trying to get a PS3 since the damn thing released and NOTHING will keep me from playing Uncharted 2!

Good thing Linux sucks or this might be bad news.

**** you, Linux owns.

And I'm sure many, many people don't even care about the OP. I just know that the PS3 has so many kickass exclusives, and that's what I really care about, the games.

the baby is just mad cuz somthing sony took away from him & yea most ppl did not use OP. that no reason be crying & telling others to NOT buy PS3 how lame & child you are. Grow Up dude. sony is great & care for there loyal fans its just EVERYONE wants some diff & they cant please them all & the main reason took away the OP cuz hackers was using it as a super fast hacking tool

Read the sticky.

Do not respond to threads that have been dead for over a year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back