If there was a real Zelda movie...

Status
Not open for further replies.
devitek said:
The more I think about making a "serious" version, the more impossible it is to cast. Therefore, I think a parody is the way to go.

Will Farrell as Ganondorf: Yes! He's just fun to watch as a bad guy in general. Can't take him seriously for even a second.

I dunno about Jon Heder as Link...I think it could work, especially if he takes the role "seriously", like he was in Napoleon. That could work.

Zelda should be...Mila Kunis. I'm dead serious. Just think about her role as Jackie on That 70's Show, and imagine that applied to the character Zelda...comedic gold. If she's not Zelda, though, she could be Navi...

In fact, let's go with that: Mila Kunis as Navi. Then, Zelda could be played by......Kristen Schaal. Look her up, she's freakin' funny.

Billy Bob Thornton should be the Happy Mask Salesman.
this need to made....:lol:

how about alanis morissette for zelda?
she played a great God in dogma, she should look how she did there

Fredvdp said:
The TV series sucked, does that make the games worse?

Bill Nighy as a villain. That would be cool. :p And Link should be an unknown.

hey the tv series was cool! " excuse me princess!"

zelda : should be kate blanchet or that chick from lord of the rings she looks just like her
gannondorf: russle crow
link: to hard to pick

I'd fear some Hollywood director ruining the movie with too many changes from the source, all in the name of "realism"("We can't use the hookshot, because a 50 foot chain shooting out isn't realistic..." "fairies and talking trees are not realistic..." and my favorite directorial justification, "the soruce material is stupid, I'm improving it by changing things. the fans just need to accept that!"). And forget the Triforce stuff. Hollywood would never throw in something that would upset religious people(world created by 3 goddesses).

Look at the atrocity that was Doom. No Hell invasion, just some goofy genetic garbage about good and evil. Rather than an epic film based on the old games, they based it on the Half-Life clone Doom 3 and water the plot down. Just another generic film with a popular license name slapped on.

Noting that mass-shifting and subspacing didn't seem to hurt the MIB franchise one bit... nor did "non realism" do any damage to LOTR. But after Transformers gossed 800 mil worldwide, Hollywood will be ditching the old "movie magic" for "realism". Meanwhile, some exec is thinking that the failures of SMB, Street Fighter and Doom were all flukes.

I don't trust Hollywood to make a Zelda movie and retain the Zelda stuff.

What I think: For Zelda it has to be a sexy, serious and really funny actress. For Link a very serious actor, a extremely serious actor, but smiles once and a while and in this movie Link SHOULD talk but not often. Plus the actors need to know how to work with a sword. :thumbsup:

wut

Could'a swore I posted (complainin' 'bout the moronic revive) and locked the thread... Uh, guess not. Better late than never.

Once again, if I only had the power..........:rolleyes:

Ya do, it's called the Report Post button. ¬_¬

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back