Imac Notebook

cookiemonsta11111 said:
Why not just splash out and get a Mac Book Pro and install a both Microsoft OS and Apple Software using something like Parallel. By having both OS's you can use both Mac and Windows software.

I don't know much more but yeh

thats a good idea too.......

i like the idea of having a mac. Alot of people seem to be happy with them. I would like to have a new one for college. But there are benefits of having it before.. I would be used to it already. If there is a problem, i can get it fixed ( knocks on wood, i wouldnt have a problem). I can make sure i like it lol. I have time to decide. Also, if my dad let me get one. he might be like, no, you will have my dell. So who knows. More research and reading review will have to be done. But if anyone has one and wants to contribute what you think of it and think what i should get by seeing what i need then thanks!

You already have your mind set, you're buying a mac no matter how many people tell you otherwise.

Good luck on actually getting bootcamp to work 100%

You're paying for a name.....which you obviously like. >.<

Brawny said:
You already have your mind set, you're buying a mac no matter how many people tell you otherwise.

Good luck on actually getting bootcamp to work 100%

You're paying for a name.....which you obviously like. >.<

i dont have my mind set. trust me, i have a long way to go before i get my mind set......bootcamp to work 100%, what does that mean??

Apple, i am not even crazy about that name. I had there ipod, and always had troble with that. apple ipods hated me....

i have a creative mp3 player.

they have bootcamp at school. we can choose if we want windows or mac...

shishkba said:
If you buy it from apple's official website (www.apple.com), you can get student discount of $200 less than regular price.
you mind telling me how? they just dropped like $200-$300 in price and if i can get another $200 discount then that would be awesome because text books cost ALOT so i need the money

If I'm not mistaken the X in OSX just means 10 (roman numerals). So it's like the tenth Mac operating system.

MacBook and MacBook Pro differ a fair bit in my opinion.

Starting with the look, the Pro is a lot more professional.

MacBook Pro:

gallery-big-02.jpg

gallery-big-07.jpg

MacBook (also comes in black):

gallery-big-01.jpg

gallery-big-05.jpg

Then there's price.

A MacBook Pro, depending on the type you get (storage, screen size) will cost $1,999 - $2,799.

A MacBook (depending on the type you get) will cost $1099 - $1499.

There's quite a difference in the specs, so I suggest you check them out here.

The default browser for Macs is Safari, which is my personal favourite out of them all. However, most people prefer FireFox, which you can download. As was mentioned, Internet Explorer is a no-no for Macs. But then it's a pretty crappy browser anyway.

Compare them for yourself here.

For starters, you should definitely get yourself a new laptop, rather than having the 4 year old Dell off your Dad.

If you do decide to get a Mac, then you'll be fine with a MacBook, I very much doubt you'll need a MacBook Pro. I know a few people with MacBooks in university and they've had no problems and they cater for all of their needs. If you do go with the MacBook (or any Mac for that matter), then wait until Mac OSX 10.5 Leopard comes out (the latest operating system, the current one is 10.4 Tiger). I am led to believe that it should be coming out around October. Once that's out then you should take advantage of the Apple Education Store to get the education discount.
If you really need help with Macs then go into a store and ask.

Thats a good idea. My birthday is mid-october and im not in a rush to get it. My cousin said he knows someone who works for apple so maybe he can find out when the version comes out.. Im just concerned with the fact in 1 year from now, will this still be a good laptop to have.Your right about the pro, i dont need that. I guess i will have to go to apple and try the macbook and see if i feel comfortable with it.

Back