Imagining Metroid on Nintendo’s Wii U

scarvesilk

WiiChat Member
Jul 15, 2011
When I first heard the news that Nintendo was finally making the leap to HD with their next generation of home consoles, one of the first places my mind went was Metroid. After seeing the amazing job Retro Studios did with the Prime series – which made amazing use of both the GameCube and Wii’s hardware and controllers – I can hardly imagine what this talented team could accomplish with this new system.
As we march ever onward toward the release of Wii U, the IGN Nintendo crew will be putting a spotlight on a number of games – announced, rumored and imagined – and discuss how developers might take advantage of Nintendo’s remarkable new controller. The “tablet” is full of possibilities, and could truly change the way gamers interact with their games. Last week we took a look at Batman: Arkham City for Wii U, now it’s Metroid’s turn.

Read More: http://www.beongames.com/imagining-metroid-on-nintendos-wii-u/

ohai copypasta

That article contemplates some pretty epic possibilities the tablet controller could accomplish, especially in a futuristic or otherwise technological series of games, like Metroid. The touch screen for the DS was brilliant, the Wii's motion controls once upgraded with Motion + obviously opened huge possibilities to gaming (Red Steel 2 <3) that attracted a plethora of copies, but fuse 'em together with even more, and you've got this epic new piece of hardware. Now that my mind's on the possibilities of the WiiU, it gives me some real anticipation, actually.

... Except for the price tag. I'm not ready to hear the price yet, whether it's confirmed or not. .-.;

Less bla bla bla bla bla bla

and much more

Metroid

Update: Hey a great idea came to me! using the wiimote as the blaster and the wiiU controller tight on your arm u use the wiimote with. how cool would that be. to change the type of blaster or vision you need to tab a certain area on the screen of the controller. which brings a question, does the controller of the wiiu have a touch screen?

Last edited:
Update: Hey a great idea came to me!

Better idea. Like how Nintendo made the wii wheels, they should make a blaster that fits onto your arm losely and of course, with changeable grip sizes so a kid or adult could use it, and it'l be extremely light. The Tablet will fit onto the outside, and where it's placed can be interchangeable for whichever arm you're wearing it on, so you can play as a lefty or righty. TBH, I think that'd be ****ing awesome, lol. That'd be hard to peg it just right, though; and since it's such a gimmick, I doubt it'd sell well unless packaged with for free, or hardly more expensive...

Better idea. Like how Nintendo made the wii wheels, they should make a blaster that fits onto your arm losely and of course, with changeable grip sizes so a kid or adult could use it, and it'l be extremely light. The Tablet will fit onto the outside, and where it's placed can be interchangeable for whichever arm you're wearing it on, so you can play as a lefty or righty. TBH, I think that'd be ****ing awesome, lol. That'd be hard to peg it just right, though; and since it's such a gimmick, I doubt it'd sell well unless packaged with for free, or hardly more expensive...

Yea that would be awesome. Guess your right about it not going to happen. but if the button mapping can be adjusted, some crazy fan might try to make a prototype of it.
I surely would wanna play it this way!

Back