Insomniacs assemble!!

What characters do you think would be the most interesting add to Skullgirls?
http://www.labzerogames.com/3rdcharacter/

My vote would probably go for either Taliesin, Eliza, or Yu-Wan. Taliesin loves music; I love music. I've always digged ye olde Egyptian junk, so I highly dig Eliza's aesthetics. Yu-Wan is a cook, is friends with the punniest character of all time, and is an aggrofaggot. What more could I possibly want in a character?

Would also second Aeon, 'cause time-warp shenanigans are always potentially interestin' gameplay mechanics. I'd be forced t' give Isaac a vote if Aeon was absent from that there list of candidates.

Ah, and shoutout t' Panzerfaust 'cause he's a ****in' mini-megadeus.

I'm a fan of Beowulf.

And everyone was shocked.

Beowolf
Hubrecht
D.Violet

Hey everyone, I know I haven't been on a lot lately. Life hasn't been the greatest the past few weeks. So sorry for all you fans who have missed me! I know I am like a drug and I have been denying my greatness to you all and for that, I apologize!

The game is 15 dollars on console, so I imagine that will carry over to PC, seeing as they aren't getting anything extra (I don't think)
Speaking of, is it for PC exclusively or will there be a Mac port?

It will be on Steam, so it's very likely to be on both.

They say they got someone working on a Mac port

I am voting for
Feng
Aeon
Marie
Beowulf

Honorable mention to Stanley the Nerd Shark

Skullgirls' pros:
  • Everything
Skullgirls' cons:
  • Small roster
That single con will be slightly alleviated by the time it gets a PC release as well.

... The best thing is that I'm not really exaggeratin' all-that much. I could think on it for a day, but the amount of characters is definitely Skullgirls' only problematic bit, which isn't all-that severe to begin with considerin' how well done each character is. Unlike your average Crapcom fighter, every character plays and feels incredibly unique. The (small) soundtrack's quality ranges from average to fantastic. Character design is up there with the best of fightin' games IMO. The art direction and amount of detail is downright amazing. Lastly, the gameplay itself is pretty fun whether you're casual or competitive 'bout it.

I wouldn't say what it offers is worth a full game's price, but for $15 it's a steal. 'Specially considerin' there will be more free DLC in the future. Unless you're handling a worse financial issue than I am; which is t'' say, you're in horrendous debt and struggle t' pays bills to the dollar monthly; it ain't like ya've got much to lose anyways. It's not a matter of whether or not it's a good game worth the purchase, as it is. It's moreso a matter of whether or not the game will click with ya tastes. So long as you've no distaste for fighting games, I certainly don't see why it wouldn't.

Hey everyone, I know I haven't been on a lot lately. Life hasn't been the greatest the past few weeks. So sorry for all you fans who have missed me! I know I am like a drug and I have been denying my greatness to you all and for that, I apologize!

My sustenance is your cheeky post-edits. Without you, I am nothing. You complete me. plz come bak

inb4 WiiChat Skullgirls league.

If only... if only.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only other problem I can think of is probably already patched out. But when I was playing, there'd be random glitches that'd turn the sprites into just hitboxes.

I remember that, had somethin' to do with a slight programming issue with that neat hitbox feature in trainin' mode.

Skullgirls' pros:
  • Everything
Skullgirls' cons:
  • Small roster
That single con will be slightly alleviated by the time it gets a PC release as well.

... The best thing is that I'm not really exaggeratin' all-that much. I could think on it for a day, but the amount of characters is definitely Skullgirls' only problematic bit, which isn't all-that severe to begin with considerin' how well done each character is. Unlike your average Crapcom fighter, every character plays and feels incredibly unique. The (small) soundtrack's quality ranges from average to fantastic. Character design is up there with the best of fightin' games IMO. The art direction and amount of detail is downright amazing. Lastly, the gameplay itself is pretty fun whether you're casual or competitive 'bout it.

I wouldn't say what it offers is worth a full game's price, but for $15 it's a steal. 'Specially considerin' there will be more free DLC in the future. Unless you're handling a worse financial issue than I am; which is t'' say, you're in horrendous debt and struggle t' pays bills to the dollar monthly; it ain't like ya've got much to lose anyways. It's not a matter of whether or not it's a good game worth the purchase, as it is. It's moreso a matter of whether or not the game will click with ya tastes. So long as you've no distaste for fighting games, I certainly don't see why it wouldn't.

My primary reason for playing Smash Bros was the characters and their uniqueness. This game does seem to hold that quality from where I'm standing, unlike the dull fighters in other games. Hm... any gameplay footage which sums it up nicely?

Back