Intel in Talks with Nintendo

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
According to wii.nintendolife, Intel is talking with nintendo for the next console.

Must be cheap as general-purpose computing on graphics processing unit, chips...

Hope to build Larrabee into next-generation console

Intel are in discussions with Nintendo about the use of the Larrabee processor for the next-generation Nintendo console.

It is rumoured that a power efficient processor with modest specifications is desired, with power consumption and cost being main drivers for Nintendo. Consequently, it's likely that the microarchitecture of the Larrabee processor will be cut back to accommodate Nintendo’s vision -- a feat which Intel have yet to achieve, reports suggest.

The news comes from Impress Watch technology journalist Hiroshige Goto, who also writes that Intel do not envision that this technology will be used in the Wii HD (if it even exists) but in the true next-generation Nintendo machine.

Well, I hope Nintendo takes the AMD Fusion instead the Intel Larrabe. Because this tech is far better and the Intel's graphic solution is weak compared to Ati, Nvidia and Imagination technologies.
Also I think is better for Nintendo to choose the lastest Imagination tech that will be used for the next Laptops and handled devices, it's around the 6th series right now.
And outperforms Nvidia and Ati in the gigatexcells camp 5 times to 1.

That is why Sony choose this technology for the Playstation 4.

Come on Nintendo, we want to be the first again!!

Last edited:
hmm? i wonder if the wii2 will be white? & will the graphics surpass any other current gen system "he doubts it" i say you never doubt what anyone is unsure of

Man...nintendo was always on top. Now with the wii they are at the bottom.(PS3,Xbox,wii). Hope this new one makes it..nintendo ftw...

what are you talking about it goes like this 3rd Xbox 360 2nd.Wii 1st Ps3 ^& in sales Wii win both of them combined

Man...nintendo was always on top. Now with the wii they are at the bottom.(PS3,Xbox,wii). Hope this new one makes it..nintendo ftw...

Nintendo haven't always been at the top in the graphics stakes, in fact they've most often been middle to bottom.

Master System>NES
Gamegear>Gameboy
Neo Geo>SNES
PSP>DS

They were quite strong in the N64 and NGC eras but they were Nintendo's worst performing consoles in terms of sales.

what are you talking about it goes like this 3rd Xbox 360 2nd.Wii 1st Ps3 ^& in sales Wii win both of them combined

I presumed that they meant in terms of graphics power. Otherwise it would be just an opinion on which is their favorite.

Although the PS3 is the best on paper the multiplatform games tend to look better on the 360 with much sharper textures.

Graphics
360>PS3>Wii

Sales
Wii>360>PS3

I hope that the next Nintendo console is at least on terms with the competition. I don't have any problem with the Wii's graphics but it would help to get the big multiplatform games that the Wii often misses out on this gen.

Didn't Sony claim that the PS3's graphics were far more advanced than the 360? Are people just now realizing that the 360 has better graphics?? My understanding for years was that the PS3 had the best graphics and this isn't based on Sony's corporate bull.

Anyways really what is Larrabee capable of? What can we compare it to? I'm afraid that without answers we can hardly call this news at all.

P.S. Wow I haven't posted in like a year, we have some crazy new smileys going on. Wii fit, nunchuck and... Burger King!?!?!?!?

Yikes! I will cry if x86 makes it's way onto consoles. :S

Caliko said:
Didn't Sony claim that the PS3's graphics were far more advanced than the 360? Are people just now realizing that the 360 has better graphics?? My understanding for years was that the PS3 had the best graphics and this isn't based on Sony's corporate bull.

The 360 has a better GPU. You can probably get better graphics on a PS3 if you utilize the Cell well, but that rarely happens in multiplatform games, since it's inherently unportable...

Back