Killzone 2: Metacritic score so far-97

Thats why I don't buy many shooters, I'm not gonna go out and buy a game just for the fancy graphics.

To be honest, as a new PS3 owner, I'm not looking forward to this in anyway...it looks lovely, sure, but it looks pretty generic...

Probably do a Halo 3 and buy it for the multiplayer when its a bit cheaper though.

Out of curiosity, what makes it generic?

What made me want to buy it is when I heard it was like Team Fortress 2 mixed in with Call of Duty. You rank up like in CoD, but you also can pick different types of classes, like a Sniper, Demolitions, Soldier, etc. etc. You can also mix two kinds of classes together.

A shooter that I would call more generic is Far Cry's online which is basically pick your equipment and start playing with no reward. CoD:WaW is damn near a carbon copy of CoD4 but in WW2, UT3 was just a shoot em up with no special features, Haze was extremely generic, etc.

Out of curiosity, what makes it generic?

What made me want to buy it is when I heard it was like Team Fortress 2 mixed in with Call of Duty. You rank up like in CoD, but you also can pick different types of classes, like a Sniper, Demolitions, Soldier, etc. etc. You can also mix two kinds of classes together.

A shooter that I would call more generic is Far Cry's online which is basically pick your equipment and start playing with no reward. CoD:WaW is damn near a carbon copy of CoD4 but in WW2, UT3 was just a shoot em up with no special features, Haze was extremely generic, etc.

The Multiplayer is its greatest feature from what I hear.

Yeah, the multiplayer is the only drawing factor like I said, its the story mode that has me iffy. I really didn't like the orginal Killzone either mind.

Well I can't say much about single player aside from what I have saw since I never read the single player impressions. I'm personally just hoping for a cool kind of story though I wouldn't be surprised if it's not that great story-wise. But hopefully the gameplay will be cool. But im more for the online since most FPS don't deliver when it comes to single player anyway. Only a few like Halo, Half-Life and CoD4 actually have a cool story that keeps me wanting to play. While others usually just have cool game play with a so-so story. But as long as the gameplay is good then I won't mind.

I'll see when I play the demo thats supposed to be out soon, until then I'm still being cautious.

You cant compare this version to part 1. There really is NO comparison.

Well with 37 reviews for Killzone 2 with an average of 94 I would say their is no need to be cautious anymore. So long as you actually like shooters and know that it's not some run n gun Halo type shooters but more of a Team Fortress 2 + Call of Duty type shooter.

Also I never played the original Killzone so -.- Aside from the 10 minutes I tried to 1v1 my brother at my uncles house which the game had horrible aiming sensitivity.

Well with 37 reviews for Killzone 2 with an average of 94 I would say their is no need to be cautious anymore. So long as you actually like shooters and know that it's not some run n gun Halo type shooters but more of a Team Fortress 2 + Call of Duty type shooter.

Also I never played the original Killzone so -.- Aside from the 10 minutes I tried to 1v1 my brother at my uncles house which the game had horrible aiming sensitivity.

They finally took down your sig...again:lol:

Thats the point really, everyones opinions differ so you cant just trust a review average, your always better off going by your own judgement.

Back