Metroid better than halo?

daviduk200 said:
except RE4 iv completed that 4 times now
lol man I've done that on like..every difficultly 4 times..I loe going through with the guns from the last round. Makes you feel oh so powerful.

If they were I doubt they'd have SSBB as their #1 game of the day

TP a 8.8? MP3 a 8.5? I'm sure most people agree that MP and TP should score higher since both of those games were the Big 4 (SSBB, TP, MP3, & Mario Galaxy).

Also I encountered a poll on Gamespot not to long ago saying which console is the best, PS3 and the 360 were tied at 40% a piece, while the wii was down at 20%.

JerryC said:

I can't pull up the link since it's their daily poll, but if I can somehow find a way to access their older polls, I will post it.

And I'm not saying that the scores are bad, most of the gamers who have played TP or MP3 would give it a higher score. And for the user reviews I use GameFAQ's, they seem to bring out the most reviews and probably the best..

Last edited:
Those scores compared to what everyone else was giving those games.

Twilight Pincess: Getting 9.5s, 5/5, 100%. Then you hit gamespot, gives you an 8.8.

Metroid Prime: 4.5/5, 91/100, etc. Gamespot goes with an 8.5.

They are constantly giving lower point scores to Nintendo games and everyone pretty much knows it.

agreed,

i got MP3 the other day, and i have come to my final verdict,, heel yeah its way way better, a hell of a lot less repetitive gameplay wise, a lot more fun gameplay wise, and in general a lot better gameplay (gameplay wise) lol.

its a hundred times better imo

but would be 1000X better if it had online, unfortunatly halo will always win there

JerryC said:
Halo 3
Single player
Co-op
Online co-op
Multiplayer
Online multiplayer
Forge
Meta-game
Online Achievements

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Single player

Feel free to add anything to Metroid that i missed but Halo still has much more features and a larger replay value then Metroid(Online Play, Online Co-OP etc)

Gamespot(Most reliable review site imo):
Halo 3 9.5/10 Editors Choice<-These are pretty rare for Gamespot much less Console FPS's

Metroid Prime 3 8.5/10 No Editors Choice

Well actually Metroid boasts....

Single player
Voucher sharing
Ability to customize the game via game vouchers

Not as much as Halo, but id play Metroid single player over halos anyday of the week.

halo is so much fun but so short and easy. i beat legendary in 6 hours and i am by no means a hardcore gamer, imagine how sad gamers must have been

I think metroid is a better game, but halo is more popular...
Anyway, I trust the users more than the critics, because users are the one who actually play the games for the fun of it.

JerryC said:
Users also have biased opinions which is why people read critics.. at least thats why i do
Critics often have biased opinions. At least with users, you can usually find out how good a game is by the average review of it (as in read tonnes of them to find out what the good and bad points are).

At its core, MP was still a bunch of small rooms and connecting tunnels, even when you were technically outdoors. No voice acting, no other characters to talk to and the forced logbook info system which made Doom 3's PDA locker codes look lenient.

MP3 adds voice acting and other characters, at least. But Halo has a lot of open areas and NPC allies as well as an overall grander storyline.

At least with users, you can usually find out how good a game is by the average review of it (as in read tonnes of them to find out what the good and bad points are).

yeah true i guess but id still stick with critics

On one player: Metroid kicks ass
online:halo (seeing as metroid doesnt have any)

But what I'm wonder is, how did Hunters work online? What makes Hunters so different from Corruption that Hunters got online but Corruption didnt?
I have never played Hunters so i wouldn't know but...

iOwnage said:
On one player: Metroid kicks ass
online:halo (seeing as metroid doesnt have any)

But what I'm wonder is, how did Hunters work online? What makes Hunters so different from Corruption that Hunters got online but Corruption didnt?
I have never played Hunters so i wouldn't know but...
Well, for a start, Retro Studios didn't produce Hunters:
wikipedia said:
Metroid Prime Hunters is a first-person shooter and adventure game for the Nintendo DS developed by NST, a Redmond-based first-party developer for Nintendo, and released on March 20, 2006.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroid_prime_hunters

Secondly, it was based around other hostile "hunters". Whilst there were some "hunters" in Corruption, certainly not enough to give a wide choice of characters, and would be even more difficult in making all the characters equally powerful.

Thirdly, Hunters wasn't all that great of a success.

And Fourthly, I still stand by my position of; it doesn't really work, you don't have semi-automatics, you don't have pistols, you don't have sniper rifles, you don't have grenades or timed mines. In essence, part of the challenge of conventional multiplayer shooters is finding a really good weapon and using it to the best effect. Metroid Prime only really has the original blaster and rockets. It's just not the same.

Back