Metroid 3 graphics are sorta of a let down

blueovalboy7 said:
This really wasn't a debate on whether or not the game was fun, it was that he thought the graphics were a let down. Which I agree, simply because I have higher expectations than most of you do. Also the wii will never have better graphics than an XBOX 360 game or a PS3 game, so people need to stop comparing the Wii to them.

Fair enough, but at least people like me mentioned we were not disappointed with the visuals, and included that the game is fun. Also having it look this good adds to it being fun, so yes in a way graphics are linked with how fun it is.

Dzapper said:
Artistically, Metroid Prime 3 can stack up against any 1080p title.
that dosent make sense. 1080p just makes the picture more clear and crisp

nintendo could of put a higher graphics card in the wii but they are cheap so they sell it for 250 and make a **** load of profit

Sovieto said:
that dosent make sense. 1080p just makes the picture more clear and crisp

That makes sense, he is saying Metroid is not as sharp as some titles but artistically it is better. I agree with that, especially the colour and level design

I think the HD cables help, makes everything more smooth and vibrant and sharp

MP3 graphics are great. You have to remember this is coming from a system that uses almost 3x less watts as a 50 watt light bulb. The other systems use almost 12x that on the menu! Give it credit and wait for Galaxy.:yesnod:

I love it when people say that the wii cant do it. Both the wii and the 360 have almost the same ATI GPU (architecture wise) chip inside them. The programming is harder on the wii, but it can do all the same effects that run on the 360 (give the wii time) but on a lower level due to lower RAM. One other thing, on the original xbox some games could run in HD (720p, 1080i/p) if you had the component cables--such a game is Enter the matrix. The wii could run games in HD resolution if the DEVS made the game so, and if the wii's software would allow it.

I strongly believe that in the future, newer games on the wii will be able to run at least 720p because the original xbox in its later years was able to do so.

Now as for graphics on Metroid, personally they are really good and I think better than Halo 2. Metroid however is more cartoony, so I can see where some may think its not as good as say Halo.

edit: I said that the wii gpu has less ram, when compared to the 360--holds true with combined ram it has 128mb going to the gpu and has a 243 MHz clock rate. xbox 360 gpu has 512mb of ram and runs at 500 MHz. PS3 gpu has 256mb of ram, and runs at 550 MHZ

Last edited:
I think we can all agree that the Wii is graphically superior to the PS3 and 360 combined.

Don't get me wrong, I think MP 3 graphics are good but just not what I was expecting from Retro who has been working on the Gamecube for such a long time and still can't really push the system. MP 3 graphics could be done on the gamecube and still run at 60fps. If you notice the graphics are mostly very well done ground shading with little texture used. When I ment Gamecube/N64 I was really refering what I call the F-Zero graphic style. Little use of special effects for FPS. When it is used its a very simple texture. As for lighting, its almost no where to be found. The lights you see on screen are not even lighting effects, it's a texture that is made to look like light with bloom effect. Lighting effects will cast shadow and add mood to the scene. Resident Evil 4 had great lighting effects, and yes the texture was low res but it was made for the gamecube which was the bottlneck. MP3 was design from the start with Wii in mind so, and Retro being so close with nintendo I expected them to know how to use the system graphics a little better. In the end MP3 is still a great game and I love it. Just wish it was a little btter in the graphics department.

Note: I've own the Wii since day one running with compenent cables on a Samsung LCD HDTV.

MP3 couldn't have been done on the Gamecube. Most reviews I've read have confirmed this. It is easily the best looking game on the Wii so far - better than Zelda and better than RE4. I still cannot blieve someone is saying the graphics are underwhelming. It just doesn't get much better for this for the Wii right now.

kevbomac05 said:
nintendo could of put a higher graphics card in the wii but they are cheap so they sell it for 250 and make a **** load of profit

Nintendo new they wouldn't be able to compete with the other gaming companys so they went in a new direction which really worked out for them. Honestly they didn't have the type of resources to keep up and they were sure that if the wii costed the same as an Xbox 360 or PS3 people would choose those systems over them. They had to make is awesome but cheap. I believe they got this mind set going for them and honestly could have put a little more effort into the system and increase the graphics a little more. But MP3 was amazing compared to other things we've seen.

jlspec said:
(reminds me of gamecube/n64 games).

Please, stop relating the games out for wii to the N64. If you think the graphics on wii games remind you of N64 games, you obviously need to go back and play an N64 game, because the graphics are incomparable.

Relating wii graphics to GC graphics, i can see that.
Relating wii graphics to N64 graphics= paradox

Back