Lazy Developers on Wii

Alucard_Aricado

Vlad's Son
Dec 24, 2006
Lajas, Puerto Rico
Wii Online Code
8743-2417-5197-3490
The Wii's power is now resting on the gameplay shoulders but developers should look a bit more into graphics. Im not a graphic prick (I am an old school gamer) and if the Wii graphical power is 25% better than the one of the first Xbox games are supposed to look great (ex. Half Life 2) but the developers are using the crappy dev build of the PS2 and adding Wiimote funcionality and presto you got a third party Wii game, it is not fair! Zelda looks great (although not using the Wii full graphic power) Red Steel looks great too. (nice particle effects) but games like Farcry or COD3 are obviously not using the fill potencial and are just a PS2 build with wiimote funcionality. I really hope that things get better with third parties because Wii has the potencial to match great gameplay with nice graphics that is the key to beating Sony...keep players satisfied for now they are with just gameplay but that wont last forever...Unless the DS phenomena passes again...

it's quite common for the games to not have the best graphics at first. i think the point is to have some titles out at release.

The graphical capabilities of the Wii are a couple steps above the Xbox 1, which was pretty dang good.

Hang in there. The graphics will improve greatly. Looking at the GPU, 720p is entirely possible as well -- the console just would need to support it, maybe later down the road.

As far as textures, the GPU can do a LOT at 480p.

Super Smash Bros Brawl and Mario Galaxy will show some of what the Wii can offer.

Some of the first party games will be the first to show what the Wii can do.

I agree the graphics arent all they can be. I only have cod3 for now, the graphics were decent, but I wasnt expecting the latest and greatest graphics. If I was I would of taken out a loan and gotten another system. I am not saying the Wii dosent have potential, because it deffinetly does and I cant wait for the newer games to come out and take full advantage of the Wiis graphics and control. I love my wii.. features and price its the best system out. Every system has its first released games which arent so hot.. just be patient my friend..

Its all ok for now since the beggining step in hooking players up for now its the gameplay, but later the Wii will attack with good graphics as the second step. I really look foward to that. Have you guys seen Super Mario Galaxy videos? There are some neat effects in that game as well as the world looking very very good also super smash brothers brawl as they mentioned before. I just pray for SMBB to have online play...I would be more than happy....And also im dead curious about Disaster: day of crisis, Sadness, Sonic and the sacred rings and Sadness :D. Also I was looking in IGN's soon to come Wii games and there are a ton of RPG proyects from various third parties and also Soul Calibur 4 *drools*

Yeah the graphics are going to kick in soon. The Wii's GPU has 12 Pixel Pipelines, compared to the Xbox 1 only having 4, so that means we can see alot more nice effects like bump mapping, lots of extra shades and effects. Developers just need to get to work. And plus, all the launch games were a little rushed. Right now Developers are trying to get down the controls, after that we can see them working on the graphics.

Unfortunately when a new console comes out the software co's take it as a great opportunity to sell games that have low investment on their part but a high selling price. This isn't good for Nintendo, but for the likes of Ubisoft who can do a quick port of an old Gamecube game for a fraction of the cost of developing from scratch its an opportunity not to be missed.

We're eager to buy games for our new console's and that's what's out there. I expect much better through the next year. From Nintendo's POV it's bad because some folks may be put off the console when they see the early releases. Very few games are getting good scores on the major review sites.

flemo123 said:
Unfortunately when a new console comes out the software co's take it as a great opportunity to sell games that have low investment on their part but a high selling price. This isn't good for Nintendo, but for the likes of Ubisoft who can do a quick port of an old Gamecube game for a fraction of the cost of developing from scratch its an opportunity not to be missed.

We're eager to buy games for our new console's and that's what's out there. I expect much better through the next year. From Nintendo's POV it's bad because some folks may be put off the console when they see the early releases. Very few games are getting good scores on the major review sites.

yea but they are not getting so low scores either...so I hope it will hold

Alucard_Aricado said:
yea but they are not getting so low scores either...so I hope it will hold

That's true. I don't think the games are terrible. Unfortunately I think they are being scored in relation to games in general, versus in the context of the Wii console. That said, very few are getting scores over 80%.

In the holiday rush I know a lot of games are purchased without any thought of checking reviews. I got Splinter Cell just to prove the point.

Yeah i agree with you, it is a rip off.... But the graphics on the new prince of persia and metriod looks good.. So yeah next year games will be better looking

even though all the graphic problems Wii has the market on its hand. Some said that the real test would be the christmas season not the launch time well the christmas season is ending and Wii has sold a solid 3 million consoles so far. I work at toys r us so i know how the demand of videogames flows trough out the season (I also visit the nearest EB games very often) people asking for Wiis everywhere I think Nintendo is beggining to turn the tables on the Video Game market even though all the hardships and like some politician said here in Puerto Rico "The best is still to come"

I have said 3 million since I have seen 3 articles saying it on random pages I do not remember right now

I may be jumping a little off subject here but there is a game called Harker coming to the Wii. I was curious if anybody would like to chime in on it. Go to Gametrailers.com and type Harker in the search bar. This game looks pretty good! Okay, back to lazy developers.

i think the graphics can definetly only get better but i agree some of the games are just ripped off of ps2 which they shouldnt be because Wii is a "next-gen system" come on delvelopers wake up

Back