Auto Shotgun - is now a spas 12 model
Pump action shotgun (restyled)

Sniper rifle

2 new sidearms
Grenade Launcher

Indicinary ammo
Exploding ammo

___Equipment___
Adrenaline shots - adds 25 temporary HP and shortly immune to melee fatigue and being slowed by infected (this will be in pills slot)

Ammo packs - Are the Different ammo types. these will take over the health pack slot

___Infected___

Special infected
Oldies - all the original Special infected will be making a return. But one or two of them will have had face lifts, (or sex changes)
the boomer will now come in male or Female.
the Hunter, will now come with or without hoodies.
smoker May or maynot have a new secret ability, with a new skin too
Tank will now sadly be Bald.
and the with well we already know, she now will wander around in daytime

Charger - bowls through survivors, and slams the last on to the ground, he will not stop untill dead. Chargers are Very Fast, with medium health.

Spitter - spits Goo which stays on ground sapping Survivor health unless you move - Spitter is the Anti camping Infected

Jockey - The Jockey Jumps on the survivors back, and can then steer the survivors directions, running them into witches, off cliffs through fire. (survivor can only slightly influence movement but infected has 90% of the control) Jockey has low health and does little physical damage.
left_4_dead_2_jockey.jpg

Wandering Witch (in daylight levels the witch will walk around)

Uncommon Infected
each campaign will have unique common infected. Known as the uncommon common.

Hazmat infected (immune to Fire)
thumb1280x1280_3591114006_68871774c1_o.jpg

Riot Gear Infected (bulletproof)

Mudmen infected (crawl low to ground like hunter before pounce)
l4d2_mudmen.jpg

Clown Infected (Squeaky Shoes attract other infected)
x4k9pk.jpg
___Campaigns___

Dead Center
aHR0cDovL2kzNzAucGhvdG9idWNrZXQuY29tL2FsYnVtcy9vbzE0Mi9MNERNb2RzL2ltYWdlMDA0LmpwZw==.jpg

The Parish
left_4_dead_2_conceptart_2VgaW.jpg
The docks
The Quarantine
The Cemetary
The Gauntlet (Finale)

Swamp Fever
SwampFever_Final_02.jpg
shanty town
Aligator Farm (there no infected aligators here though :()

Dark Carnival
l4d2_DarkCarnival_FINAL-thumb-620x416-25552.jpg

Hard Rain
aHR0cDovL2kzNzAucGhvdG9idWNrZXQuY29tL2FsYnVtcy9vbzE0Mi9MNERNb2RzL2ltYWdlMDA1LmpwZw==.jpg

________Game modes_______

Campaign
up 4 Players battle it out against all odds in amidst a zombie apocalypse. This Mode has the team fighting to get through the mission whatever it takes. in 1 of 5 difficulties. including the NEW Realism Mode

Versus
Up to 8 Pllayers battle it out in 2 teams each playing through a campaign Twice, once as human survivors. and once as infected. your goal is simply to get futher than the other team in each section.

Survival
This mode is distinctive in the fact it lacks goals. you simply survive. as long as possible againt an increasing number of infected. similar to horde modes in other games, except Much faster paced. and becomes challenging pretty much instantly. Surviving 4 minuts for that bronzw medal is an achievement all in its own.

Scavenger -
This mode is another 4 V 4, with a very different objective than any before. The Humans Must Power up a gneerator using gas tanks scattered aroun the map. while the infected must do everything to stop them.
More detailed description -->details

Pressure points
Set of alarms like cresendo, but you then have to get to another point to turn of the alarm.

A.I Direct 2.0
the a.i director will be smarter, than before and more vigilant.
hes not going to make it easy. the director now controls weather, making visibility bad.
he can change the layout of specific map areas making them 3 times longer than usual or making them a simple walk through the park.

Things to be announce
more uncommon common infected
2 more campiagns.
Cross game play Left 4 dead 1 - left 4 dead 2 gameplay.
1 NEW game mode

This Spoilers has images which show How the A.I will edit the path way of the cemetary (its very good :))
sorry cany get pics here some reason trying to fix asap

This Spoiler contains original Announcement QUOTE
Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Half-Life and Counter-Strike) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced Left 4 Dead 2 (L4D2), the sequel to the best-selling and critically-acclaimed co-operative multiplayer thriller.

Coming exclusively to Xbox 360 and PC, L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-operative action games and become one of 2009's marquee titles.

"A large part of how Left 4 Dead became 2008's top-selling new IP on Xbox 360 and the PC was the custom-tailored gameplay made possible by the AI Director," said Gabe Newell, president and co-founder of Valve. "With the knowledge gained from creating the original, new technology, and a passionate team, L4D2 will set a new benchmark for cooperative action games."

Set for release on November 17, the title adds melee combat to enable deeper co-operative gameplay, with items such as a chainsaw, frying pan, axe, baseball bat, and more.

Introducing the AI Director 2.0, L4D's dynamic gameplay is taken to the next level by giving the Director the ability to procedurally change weather effects, world objects, and pathways in addition to tailoring the enemy population, effects, and sounds to match the players' performance. The result is a unique game session custom fitted to provide a satisfying and uniquely challenging experience each time the game is played.

Featuring new Survivors, boss zombies, weapons, and items, Left 4 Dead 2 offers a much larger game than the original with more co-operative campaigns, more Versus campaigns, and maps for Survival mode available at launch.

Supported by a $10+ million marketing campaign, Left 4 Dead has sold over 2.5 million retail copies since it was released in November of 2008. Left 4 Dead 2 is targeted for release on Xbox 360 and the PC on November 17, 2009, and will be launched worldwide with a multi-million dollar marketing campaign across TV, Outdoor, and Online.

"Left 4 Dead was backed by our most aggressive advertising campaign to date, and resulted in a top 5 showing on two platforms during holiday 2008," said Doug Lombardi, VP of marketing at Valve. "Left 4 Dead 2 is a larger game and will be supported with even more consumer and retail advertising programs than the original."

Features:
  • Next generation co-op action gaming from the makers of Half-Life, Portal, Team Fortress and Counter-Strike.
  • AI Director 2.0: Advanced technology dubbed “The AI Director” drove L4D’s unique gameplay – customizing enemy population, effects, and music, based upon the players’ performance. L4D 2 features “The AI Director 2.0” which expands the Director’s ability to customize level layout, world objects, weather, and lighting to reflect different times of day.
  • New melee weapons – axe, chainsaw, frying pan, baseball bat – allow you to get up close with the zombies
  • Four different survivors. New Story. New dialogue.
  • More game. On day one, L4D 2 features more co-operative campaigns, more campaigns and maps for the Versus game modes than L4D 1, plus support for Survival mode out of the box.
  • Stats, rankings, and awards system drives collaborative play
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XpzeK_YpGI

Last edited:
I'm a bit on the sad side actually. It hasn't even been a year since the first L4D came out and they're already making a sequel? =/...very Un-Valvelike.

Yeah but they made soooo much cash from the original. Can you blame them for wanting more? xD

I'm not disappointed at all. I'm looking forward to this game. As long as it's L4D and more, I'm going to pick it up!

I'm a bit on the sad side actually. It hasn't even been a year since the first L4D came out and they're already making a sequel? =/...very Un-Valvelike.
while i love the news and cant wait. i 100% understand where your coming from. valve usually honour there games and keep ontop of making them better and better instead of sequel after sequel. and most likely we wont see much more if any DLC for l4d 1, after all its got a november launch, but if im 100% honest id be happy if it became a yearly installation as long as they added new things to it.

and with loads of extra campaigns and new melee weapons im thrilled.
just gonna miss the old survivors.
oh and maybe they could so some of these new things with just simple DLC

while i love the news and cant wait. i 100% understand where your coming from. valve usually honour there games and keep ontop of making them better and better instead of sequel after sequel. and most likely we wont see much more if any DLC for l4d 1, after all its got a november launch, but if im 100% honest id be happy if it became a yearly installation as long as they added new things to it.

and with loads of extra campaigns and new melee weapons im thrilled.
just gonna miss the old survivors.
oh and maybe they could so some of these new things with just simple DLC

I still love the first one, no doubt, but I do wish they'd expand more off of the first game.

I love Left4Dead, and to be honest, I can only see this as a good thing. One of the main complaints about the original is that it's too short and too few campaigns. There's not too much more they can change without altering the formula. I like the new additions, and they don't get in the way of the concept as a whole.

Besides, I don't know if anyone has noticed, but with the bigger budgets, it does seem like franchises are coming out faster and faster. While a single year is a bit extreme, I think it reflects how little they have to adapt the original.

2 more achievements to go on number 1

What the hell Valve?

You can't finish HL2: EP 3, still haven't released the TF2 updates for 360(not even the anti-hacking ones promised), but you are already releasing a sequel for a game less than a year old?

I was really hoping for a Half-Life 2: Episode 3 instead of Left 4 Dead 2. I have a feeling the game will feel rushed.

I was really hoping for a Half-Life 2: Episode 3 instead of Left 4 Dead 2. I have a feeling the game will feel rushed.

It would almost be impossible for this game to be rushed, seeing as they're just putting a new face on the same engine.

OMG #1 game I'm looking forward to now :eek:. David preorder that lets get ready!

New cast looks pretty sick
Left_4_Dead_2_Cast.jpg

In addition to the infected from the previous game, there will be new classes; one is the Charger, a being that is able to temporarily stun the survivors by body-charging them. Existing types will have some modifications, including zombies that are immune to fire, and the Wandering Witch that roams the level until disturbed by the players.

Damn can't wait, fall 2009 is gonna be awesome

It would almost be impossible for this game to be rushed, seeing as they're just putting a new face on the same engine.

This is true, but if that's true, then why couldn't they just do some downloadable content instead of a full fledged game? I want my Half Life. :(

Think Valve still have their conference to do.

at first i was shocked that they were just going to **** the L4D owners over with no additional campaigns and instead charge us for a full game one year later. but after i calmed down and realized its actually not just a map pack in disguise im kind of excited for it. even though i dont think ill like the whole southern feel its got going on.

just gonna top up some info here.

5 new campaigns, all available on co-op, versus, survival and one new multiplayer mode
4 new characters, Nick, Coach, Ellis, Rochelle
3 new infected Charger Bowls through the infected and pins the last on down, and wont let go until dead, (found out the charger is the one in the trailer, with the shrimpy arm)

New ammo types, Indicinary ammo, to set enemies on fire.
same types of wepons but more variety in them.
3 melee weapons, axe, frying pan, chainsaw,

Uncommon Common infected, (halfway between special and common infected) 1 type per campaign, in one campaign they are normal infected that are in hazmat suits, these guys are invincible to Fire

this link will take you to the info and a video which includes GAMEPLAY!!!
http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6211397/left-4-dead-2-hands-on-impressions?tag=top_stories;story;9

Back