Left 4 Dead Thread

also if Left 4 dead 2 didnt have left 4 dead 1 campaigns then how would they make the games be able to play with each other?

They wouldn't play with each other?

yeah but thats what i was saying earlier post. thats what valve are spending time trying to do, make the cross compatible online (NOT pc - xbox 360, L4D 1 - L4D 2)they announced a while back. so im speculating that they are going to be included

yeah but thats what i was saying earlier post. thats what valve are spending time trying to do, make the cross compatible online (NOT pc - xbox 360, L4D 1 - L4D 2)they announced a while back. so im speculating that they are going to be included

I want you to link me to a Valve representative saying this...

alright i will try and find it but it was a few weeks ago and im not 100% sure where i read it. but ill do my best

AHH finally found it that, was quite hard aswell lol

Link below the quote if you want the source page
Valve's VP of Marketing, Doug Lombardi has revealed to TVG that the developer is looking at providing cross-game play between the original Left 4 Dead and its incoming sequel.

Such a feature, which would allow players of the original Left 4 Dead to play alongside other users running Left 4 Dead 2, is one of the demands made by the now 37,000 member strong Left 4 Dead 2 boycott group on Steam.

"That's something that we're trying to work out the details of right now," Lombardi said of the cross-game play feature. "So nothing specific to say today, but we understand that it's a very valid thing to be working on and looking at."

On the MOD front, Lombardi revealed that Valve is building Left 4 Dead 2 with the aim of allowing MODs to be easily transferable between L4D1 and L4D2:

"With the MOD stuff, if you're making stuff for Left 4 Dead it will work in Left 4 Dead 2 with very minor amounts of work to bring it over. So we feel we've made good steps on that side and now we're looking at how we manage that for folks who buy the first game and sequel."

Check out our full interview with Valve's Doug Lombardi for more details.

LINK

http://www.totalvideogames.com/Left...ut-Cross-Game-Play-Between-L4D1--2-14319.html

Soooooo small, they've said it that one time to a lesser known news site... I really don't see Left4Dead2 having the whole Left4Dead1 game included.

Soooooo small, they've said it that one time to a lesser known news site... I really don't see Left4Dead2 having the whole Left4Dead1 game included.

its very possible they could do a cd Swap thing, or a Cd unlock key that lets you import them from Left 4 dead 1. Much like how rock band 2 can play all Rock band 1 songs (except 3 (2 if your in US))

its very possible they could do a cd Swap thing, or a Cd unlock key that lets you import them from Left 4 dead 1. Much like how rock band 2 can play all Rock band 1 songs (except 3 (2 if your in US))

If they could somehow pull that off, this is a day one purchase for me.

that left 4 dead 2 boycott is so disrespectful to valve. they are a great developer and dont deserve **** from their so called fans. its 60 bucks in 1 year, either spend it or stfu.

that being said, i cant believe valve is giving into demands of these little ****s, you know over half of the people who signed that thing are going to buy it on day one anyways.

but, i do have to admit that cross game gameplay would be awesome.

yeah i HATE the boycotters seriously, its a great game, and think about it.

560 points for this new campaign.

new game = 5 new campaigns, 2800 points, 2800 points = £23 (give or take)
Wait a second using my maths we are being ripped of Wheres that boycott thread.?

only joking, but i have only just realised. its quite exspensive
but in my mind its a new game, new A.I director. new weather elements, now campaigns courses change slightly every time. new panik points, new infected new modes new 1000 gamerscore.

im more than willing to buy it.

the thing i hate the most abiout these boycotters is they demand all this stuff as DLC and DEMAND it to be FREE, i hate that those selfish B words

David, it's the principle that they were promised this free content. Valve didn't deliver, they released a half finished game and made the other half a free dlc and were like 'Here aren't we awesome for giving you this!' when it's something we should of had from the beginning. We were promised free new campaigns, infected, weapons and instead they releasing a new game going back on their promise. Communities don't appreciated being lied to.

Anyway, I REALLY need to play with you some time >:U

David, it's the principle that they were promised this free content. Valve didn't deliver, they released a half finished game and made the other half a free dlc and were like 'Here aren't we awesome for giving you this!' when it's something we should of had from the beginning. We were promised free new campaigns, infected, weapons and instead they releasing a new game going back on their promise. Communities don't appreciated being lied to.

Anyway, I REALLY need to play with you some time >:U

id love to play but i cant iv not had internet in my house since may i have to highjack my brothers every so often :).
and my live ran out a while ago, and im not renewing it until i get internet back in my house. otherwise it would be wasted. but i can still add you :)

and iv heard a fair few people saying they promised all this but iv never once actually seen an official statement from them EVER saying this.
ALSO microsoft are the ones who make producers charge for DLC. because they are greedy twats. All this stuff comes free for PC cause microsoft cant force a charge.

Love the new level; was alot harder than what I was expecting but what can you expect from a campaign with only 2 levels. The environment is definitely alot more confusing compared to the original campaigns lol we had a hard enough time beating it on advanced -_- But w/e challenge is always good

Btw the new achievements are crazy incapacitate 3 survivors in under 5 seconds LOL

i nearly got that last night/ its was in like 6 seconds lol i was like NOOOOO

Back