LOL! Even High School Musical scored higher than Soul Calibur!

Atomheart

M'bating to Z Suit Samus
Jul 30, 2007
WI
Don't you just LOVE the perpetual disappointments that are the games for the Wii. Like clockwork, it seems like almost every game that comes out for the Wii ends up being a turd, with only the rare gem (pretty much just 1st party games) being squeezed out.

Soul Calibur Legends - 6.0

http://wii.ign.com/articles/837/837799p1.html

High School Musical: Sing It! - 6.6

http://wii.ign.com/articles/832/832875p1.html

Ouch! Even the Hannah Montana game came in close to SCL with a score of 5.6.

YAY! It looks like the Wii is right on track to being another Gamecube.

Last edited:
Brawny said:
GC was awesome.

Who ever said SCL was going to be a smash hit?

GC was great if you only played first party games and were one of the 50 people to actually buy the console.

Although, the Wii definately has a jump on the GC in terms of sales (by like 1000%).

I think many people had high hopes for SCL, probably do to the franchising of the game. It's just getting a bit annoying that the only games that haven't been pretty much turds have been first party games (or ports). In fact, the only games to score about 9.0 (aside from RE4...a port) have been first party Nintendo games. If third party developers don't step up and start churning out good games soon, the Wii will go the way of the GC.

Well melee didn't have quite the hype that brawl has, and sunshine wasn't nearly the system selling powerhouse that is brawl.

And GUITAR HERO...

Don't be so quick to say it will be EXACTLY the same.

You have to remember that the casual audience doesn't read reviews. They'll be happy with a 75% MC rated game. D=

Not to mention...For the Wii, it's probably not a good idea not to rely to heavily on reviews...because most of the titles that people just so happen to stamp "turd" on was just based off extremely improper reviews, and most likely never even played the games themselves...Most of the people, (I know of, and read bout) who bought SCL, wasn't disappointed with their purchase, and they really enjoy it.

I just learned that you've just got to play the game yourself before you can talk any kind of (insert here) about a game...

Why are you surprised?
High School Musical is where it's at, bb!~
"You are the music in meeeeeeeeeeee" <3

SCL had no hope from the beginning. The HSM cast should die, GC rules! I hate GH! Sunshine, Galaxy, Melee, F-0 GX, WW, TP Rules! Shame on Namco for their lousy spin-off! Good night!

Last time I checked, the Nintendo Gamecube didn't have a motion sensor bar, an internet channel, a virtual console channel, and a channel where players can make their own mii's.. etc.

Noteworthy games not mentioned:

- Guitar Hero 3
- The Godfather: Blackhand Edition
- The Simpsons Game
- Carnival Games
- Madden 08
- Big Brain Academy
- Resident Evil 4
- Medal Of Honour Heroes 2

Last edited:
I didn't have particularly high hopes for this game but certainly higher than this.

7.5-8.2 was what I was expecting/hoping for.

Oh well, won't even be renting it now...

Read the first quote in my sig.
I'm still buying it.

id rather shoot my foot then play hsm. i really dont understand why ign would give that game a better rating then scl, has ign gone mad? i mean the only people i know who watched/liked high school musical was the chicks and some fat creepy asian kidin my class. no offense to people who liked it.
and atom heart, the game cube had great games that happened to be prequels to games coming out/ on wii, and wii is awesome, dont bring it down cause of lazy third party developers.

Last edited:
Back