Major League Baseball

Ok guys CantGetAWii made the final vote. Draft has been changed. Check the Commissioner's Note and the league overview for new information.

Last edited:
Well, that's it guys.
She's gone.

[video=youtube;ygsKWhiHTZs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygsKWhiHTZs[/video]

Thanks for all the memories...

I'm sure I'll be able to do it Sunday, 8 pm et right?

Griffey will be a Mariner again, reported by ESPN about 10 minutes ago online. Citing "Two baseball sources" they reported he had an agonizing decision, but the sentimental side of him decided to return to where it all began.

Last edited:
Griffey is going to Seattle

PEORIA, Ariz. -- A little more than nine years to the day after he left, Ken Griffey Jr. is back with the Mariners.

The Seattle P-I learned Wednesday afternoon that Griffey, after a brief flirtation with the Atlanta Braves, opted to take the Mariners offer of an incentive-laden one-year contract for 2009.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3917214

Haha I just read that article and edited my earlier post. Glad that he's going back to Seattle, good to see him end his career where it started.

Griffey was choosing between the braves and seattle. Very worthy teams O look Seattle.

Yea, I read it and was like... Hmm wonder if anyone has posted this yet, but didn't want to double post, and then Nick posted right before I finished my edit so chyea.

Curious who do you guys think are the worst teams in both leagues?

In the NL it's either my Padres or the Nationals.

In the AL it will most likely be the Orioles with a chance of it being the Mariners again, but we'll see how they respond to Griffey in the clubhouse.

I see the Athletics being a weak team this year as well, and reaching the worst in the AL surprisingly, or possibly the Orioles. The Mariners will do much better than last season, finishing second in the division. In the NL I see possibly the Nationals or the Pirates, who I see them spending this season clearing cap room.

AL I would have to say the O's as well.
NL I'd go with the Nats, though it's close with them, the Pirates & the Padres (no offense Blue). But I do see the Padres doing better this year. Least they still have Peavy. I can only wonder how my old buddy Cliff Floyd will do this year you with guys. He wants to prove he's a starter. And I see Maddux hasn't wasted any time as a team instructor. He'll be good to have around.

And I'm extremely glad that Jr. has decided to go to the M's. If it doesn't make them a better team, at the very least it will help their ticket sales. I'll even try to get tickets to a game at Yankee Stadium when they play them. I've seen them play each other 4 times, never got to see Griffey, so maybe I will finally get to see him...

Last edited:
Back