Major League Baseball

Fernando Tatis is replacing him in the WBC. Not an upgrade, but nice to hear as a Mets fan.
The Mets have the most players participating this year with 16.

Australia- Stefan Welch

Canada- Shawn Bowman

Dominican Republic- Jose Reyes, Fernando Tatis

Mexico- Elmer Dessens, Oliver Perez

Panama- Ruben Tejada

Puerto Rico- Pedro Feliciano, Nelson Figueroa, Alex Cora, Carlos Delgado, Carlos Beltran, Jesus Feliciano

United States- J.J. Putz, David Wright

Venezuela- Francisco Rodriguez

Only name I'm not all familiar with on that list is Welch.

Still no computer at home so this might be my last post for till monday...

This is the first time I've wished I bought a ps3 over a 360 since I got it. My brother got it this week, too bad he lives in florida.

So the WBC is actually getting me really excited for baseball. I didn't like it last time, but this year its warming up to me...I just don't want to many Redsox pitchers in it wearing out their arms.

Didn't get to see much of it last year, but glad to be watching more of it this year. Unfortunately Hanley made a crucial error in the 1st that ended up being the deciding factor as they lost 3-2 to the Netherlands. Puerto Rico beat Italy 7-0. Pudge homered twice, Delgado homered to get them on the board.

Currently watching South Korea (my birthplace) vs. China. Not sure why I'm up so early. Never thought I would wake up to baseball, but wishing I could more often.
9-0 Korea, bottom 5

Last edited:
Tought about it, but used my better judgement.

Anyways, finally have MLB Network, so I wasj jumping back & forth between the USA/Venezuela game & the Australia/Mexico game.

Ollie didn't do so hot for Mexico, gave up 4 runs in 3 or 4 innings, I think. 17-7was the final score.

US beat Venezuela 15-6 after a big 6th inning. Of course after Galarraga came off, this guy named Victor Zambrano comes on & the wheels just fell off the moment he took the mound.
Remember Zambrano?? I know Nick does!!!
Scott Kazmir must have been laughing his ass of during that game.
BLS should be happy though, Lindstrom got the win.

Woke up early again this morning, so I was able to catch the South Korea/China game.
South Korea won a 1-0 pitcher's duel. Great game all around, great pitching, great defense. Just an all around awesome game...

US beat Venezuela 15-6 after a big 6th inning. Of course after Galarraga came off, this guy named Victor Zambrano comes on & the wheels just fell off the moment he took the mound.
Remember Zambrano?? I know Nick does!!!

:lol: As soon as I heard he was warming in the bullpen I knew we had won..lol. We are safe going into the 2nd round, as our next game basically means nothing just position spot. I dont know if its me missing baseball so much or what, but i am really into the Classic. I was real happy when we beat Canada, got to rub it in Celeste's face..lol
I was also mad as hell to find out that the games were being played at the Rogers Center, im mad cuz i couldve gone if i had known. The stadium is only a block away from Celeste. Oh well, I think they are coming to Miami now.

I just got really into it this year. Since I'm from South Korea, but know pretty much nothing about where I'm from, I feel that this is one way that I can connect with my origin, which helps me enjoy the WBC even more.
There is this one player on the team, pretty big dude, that his batting stance pretty much mirrors Adam Dunn's, just from the right side. Just can't remember his name...

Last edited:
Back