Mario Kart may Feature some kind of chat!

dazz159

WiiChat Member
Dec 15, 2006
Nottingham, England, UK
Wii Online Code
6282-5168-4446-6000
GoNintendo said:
Mario Kart Wii includes some form of chat

Text, voice…something is in there. My guess is text. This blurb comes from the official Euro press release.

“In addition to all this a new Wii Channel, the Mario Kart Channel, will also be launched with Mario Kart Wii. Players will be able to monitor their ranking against others with data compiled from races completed online as well as also access and share Ghost Data to download. Why not see if your friends are playing by checking their status or even better still set up a room in which you can chat to them before a race starts? Players even have the possibility to join in on their friends races in progress as a spectator and jump into the race when the next course launches. Through this channel, users will be exposed to a host of new online features allowing them to join a community of racing fans from all over the world as well as participate in special worldwide events organised by Nintendo.”

Thanks to everyone that sent this in.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=36107

Hopefully it will be voice chat.

What do you people think it will be?

The quoted text clearly says chat before the race starts. Which is a step in the right direction but still not useful for gameplay. I still doubt it will be voice chat.

text chat would be a wasted effort. typing on the wii is aggravating as hell.

Voice chat + Wii = the best thing ever!!! I've wanted this ever sense I knew the Wii would be online.

PacMan200 said:
Voice chat + Wii = the best thing ever!!! I've wanted this ever sense I knew the Wii would be online.

I'd die to see a proper online multiplayer game that supports voice chat on wii! It would be the gift of life.

Yea, same here. I would never be able to put down my Wii then.

Mhm. I always imagined a portable one that could snap into the wiimote like the nunchuk does. That doesn't seem like it'll become a reality however.

Edit: I didn't mean a wire. I meant the keyboard just snaps directly into the slot. So if you held the wiimote backwards it'd resemble a spatula.

Either way, it probably won't happen :p

If its text chat, it'd be a waste. You'd be waiting 5 minutes to get a reply of 1, maybe 2 sentences. (I know it won't be 5 minutes, I exaggerate alot)

Text chat is a wasted effort compared to vioce chat. But not a wasted effort in itself. Its better than nothing.

But the wii NEEEEEDSSS voice chat!

The Wii needs voice chat yes, but it won't be with Mario Kart.
Surely the people who have previewed the game would have mentioned something as big as this.

It will no doubt be text chat.
But the next big Wii online game should have Voice Chat, I hope so at least.

it'll be text chat, because it says you can chat with friends BEFORE the match, if it was voice chat you'de be able to chat during the match, its definetly text chat

Back