Mario Strikers tips n tricks

awesome thread, i already knew half the stuff but still, this helps alot. i HATE the systematique thechnique people, getting goals is all about skill and when they do that it just makes you want to kick something :p. i dont mind the hameerbros spammer coz i can usually get the timing right, but when its sudden death and they start doing it nonstop its soo annoing.i just disconnect the spamming people (even though it doesnt give you as much satisfaction). ill add you soon so we can have a game (if u want

....wiiiiiii..... said:
awesome thread, i already knew half the stuff but still, this helps alot. i HATE the systematique thechnique people, getting goals is all about skill and when they do that it just makes you want to kick something :p. i dont mind the hameerbros spammer coz i can usually get the timing right, but when its sudden death and they start doing it nonstop its soo annoing.i just disconnect the spamming people (even though it doesnt give you as much satisfaction). ill add you soon so we can have a game (if u want
ok cool my code is in my sig, we should play sometime, when are you free? Ps I hope YOU don't use the system tech

Oh and Andrew i don't think ur a noob b/c i don't use that word or those words. They're kinda lame... Glad you like the tips though.

thnx dude. anyway, i don't know anymore tips 'n stuff so i guess i'd be wasting space in ur thread

:yikes:
lol

"Systematic" players are a cinch to stop. If you can't catch Toad with a hit before he jumps to trick Kritter, Simply cover your man! Instead of rushing after Toad to stop him, put yourself between wide open Kritter and his intended shooter. If you don't have enough time, foul his intended shooter before he gets a chance to shoot.

that's good advice, pretty obvious if you think about it, but yeah, if i play a systematic player i'll try it out. it's pretty hard to not go for the toad though.

I've had alot more time to practice this "Systematic Technique" myself and I have to admit that properly pulling it off can be tricky. It's the sorta situation where it's up to the man in control to pull it off. And when he's got it down, the only possible option is to foul him. However, you can keep an eye open for the Systematic Player's tell move, which is the barrier chip! This is essentially the same move as Dry Bones and Toad uses to score with jukes... when they run toward the top or bottom of the screen and chip away from you and make a move toward the corner. Keep and eye on his strong shooters! If one of them is open for the pass, you're a sitting duck. The most you can do here is try and get a fast player into position to intercept the one-timer, or to foul his intended shooter's balls off. This is why it's often beneficial to have a playmaker in your defense position.
Sometimes it's just too well played to avoid, but you can pick off the less than perfect Sytematic attacks with some careful observation.

Tip: When using Hammer Bros. or Birdos charge the shot a little if your opponent is playing the "cat and mouse game" then when he gets close enough Hammer/spin leaving you wide open for a shot.

Back