me smash!

manufan15 said:
What are you talking about???? Let's say someone has aboutg 150% damage. Why not hit the C stick??? You get the kill instantly. Not using the C stick would be idiotic in that situation.
Lawl.

This is my exact point. If you were to smash regularly than using the C-Stick wouldn't even cross your mind in this situation because you smash flawlessly. However, if you use the C-Stick frequently than when you need to use the manual smash you have a good chance of messing up.

What'd idiotic is thinking that a good opponent will let you get a smash attack in on them at 150%

I never liked using the C stick, it felt uncomfortable and unusual, I guess I was already use to using the manual smash attacks.

Lugia said:
play stock against a team of 3 random char bots on very hard. when you can beat those bots youll probably be ready to whip your friend.
Don't play against computers, even though a team of 3 can be somewhat hard to beat computers are extremely easy to time smashes on unlike real people that can dodge. In other words, computers will continue walking towards you while you charge up for a smash, or they will fall right at you. A real person is much smarter than this. SO I would have to say practice by playing against him but NOT by just trying to win.

For instance for one match see how much % of his attacks you can dodge,
For the next see how big of a combo you can get,
For the next see how high you can get his damage without killing him,
and for the fourth see how much damage you can take wihtout dying (for instance using wall teching to survive fully charged smashes at high percent and things like that)

You'll probably lose all these battles but they will help you so that the next time you play him you can use all your skills to beat him.

Wall teching is pressing L at the excact second you touch a wall when you are flying away after a strong attack and have high percent.
You'll stop at the wall instead of bouncing off
Hyrule Temple is a great place to practice and use this tech on.

Torchik said:
Agreed. I hate people who use the C-stick. And why would you jump with the control stick...it's stupid. It makes it much harder to pull off aerials and it's just harder than pushing a button.

i always jump with the control stick when im' not directly in combat, just because i perfer it....feels more natural in my opinion

i never used the control stick to jump. it seems to clunky.

about using the c-stick to do smash moves i think a good player would use it sometimes since you cant do a smash possibly any faster just make sure you dont rely on it.

Of course, relying on the c-stick is foolish. As a Roy player it is somewhat important for me because my gameplay has to be sneaky and trick my opponent into leaving themselves open for a quick fsmash. However relying on c-stick is not recommended.

I mostly use c-stick for my aerials. I find it easier to DFSH with the c-stick as opposed to across + a in mid air.

mushroomedmario said:
i always jump with the control stick when im' not directly in combat, just because i perfer it....feels more natural in my opinion

Meh, your choice. I don't have a problem with people who jump with the control stick, but I don't like the C-stick...perhaps because I played the first one where you couldn't use the C-stick?

I use the "Y" button g to jump, i find it's in the best place to tap with my thumb.

I never use the c stick, but I can perform a smash just as fast with the buttons.

As for is there a trick to performining smashes here is a few things you could be doing wrong:

Make sure that when you press the joystick you press it all the way in one of the 4 directions it should be as far to onedirection as possible.

Make sure that you press the A button at the EXCACT same time as the joystick. Don't press one before the other.

If you are trying to charge up a smash hold down the buttons untill you want to release the smash.

(hmmm... I thought I could think of more than that... Oh well, I got to go to school now maybe I'll think of another possible problem and edit this later)

Charging a smash attack with the c-stick has the same effect as charging the regular way. So I don't see what the difference is.

LemonManX said:
Charging a smash attack with the c-stick has the same effect as charging the regular way. So I don't see what the difference is.

There isn't, except the C stick is much faster. I don't know why people are criticizing speed, but it's their loss.

ok this was all just my opinion to help mapei

because useing the c stick is easyer for beginers

so please stop arguing about the c stick :yesnod:

I always jump with the control stick, except when I have to do a short jump (the control stick is the normal way, x and y are the "alternative" way, officially, as is "z" for grabbing).

Advice: Learn to use the shoulder buttons (L&R), for shielding (Mostly for continuous attacks, such as one.two punches, or the fire flower or something), dodging (tapping the control stick whilst holding down L or R), and, of course grabbing. A smart technique is to put on the shield just when you're about to get hit, then, tap A. And, woila, you have em grabbed for beating.

Dodging is key. Especially rolling. When facing your opponent, one of the best ways to attack them is by getting behind them, which is usually as easy as rolling past them.

One CRUCIAL technique to learn is juggling. This is when you keep your opponent constantly airborne, preventing him from attacking. In order to properly do this, you need to damage your opponent enough for him to fly up into the air easily. Get him/her into the air, and now, keep him/her up there. This is best done by using powerful attacks to send them high enough. You have to be able to choose when and how to attack, or they might get a hit on you, and get back down. Juggling is THE way to give your opponents a nice amount of damage.

Of course, it's possible to damage them in other ways. A quick character is good for giving a lot of damage.

Choosing the right character is also important. It all depends on the type of game. If it's one on one, a fast character tends to be the best choice, as a slow character will rarely get the chance to attack. On the other hand, in a match of four, a powerful character can be good, as they can easly put some distance between you and your opponents. Good choices for 1 on 1 could be: Fox, Falco, Marth or Sheik. Balanced characters can also be good, if you can use them well, such as: Mario, Yoshi, Peach, or Luigi. For large games, you can use pretty much anybody, but light characters tend not to be a good choice (ie. Kirby, Jigglypuff, Pichu,...). Lots of people like Link, and he really is a good choice in 4 player games, as he has the right balance of range, speed and power. NOTE: These are only character suggestions. If mastered, any character can be lethal, and whilst many say fox is THE best, that is not true, any character can be just as good (well, maybe not the way slower ones, but you get the point).

As mentioned, you have to realize lag after attacks. Don't leave yourself open because of a smash attack, but choose your moves carefully.

Thats all for now. And I probably sound like the wise old man on the mountain top, but I can't help it when trying to give advice :lol:

Back