Super Smash Bros is BORING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think most ssbb fans are content that they didn't really make new innovations or reinvent itself and are completely happy that they just added tons of new things, like characters, stages, etc.

I'm not going to lie I'm a bit dissapointed in the SSBB too. I don't feel like I have a lot of control like I use to back in the older versions. I just bought it today and played it for an hour and said "Screw this back to Medal of Honor".

SSE for me is the worst part of Brawl. The only thing that had me playing was the cutscenes. The platforming was pretty bad, and I can see why you would say Brawl is bad based on playing SSE.

I generally enjoy First person shooters and platformers. Ironically, fighting games are generally my least favorite genre, but I love SSBB.

I'm just weird that way.

You are crazy. Literally insane. SSBB is an incredible game. freaking awesome. Who in their right mind would judge it based on the Subspace Emissary? That's a minor sidebar to the real game, which is absolutely incredible. If you think it's disappointing, then your expectations were way off, not the game itself. I love it, and even my girlfriend who hates videogames loves it. She actually wants to play it with me all the time, and that is UNHEARD OF.
If all you care about is first person shooters and blowing people away with gory realism, then open your mind a little and appreciate that old thing called FUN, which is practically overflowing in SSBB.

VidyaVince said:
It's not a very conventional fighter.

Yeah, i think its more of a Fighter/Smash Up/lilbitofPlatformeronthesidethere.

I like those kinds of games more than games like Virtual Fighter five because VF5 got hella boring hella fast

haha whats wrong with you man... read about games before oyu buy them. smash is a multiplayer series. playing by yourself is accepted as being terrible. if oyu have no friends who play your screwed. if you do then play with them. youll have fun

Yea lol. Go buy No More Heroes if you want solo play.

SSBB represents and expansion, not a revolution. Like a Mr. Potato Head with more accessories. There are more playable characters, more play options, online play, an optional one player mode (if you don't like platformers, don't play it), more trophies, etc.

I like it for three reasons- first, it is a great party game and lots of fun to play with friends (oh yeah, tournament mode is nice- great addition, now I don't have to keep track of the brackets). Second, my family is scattered everywhere, so online games are a way we communicate and enjoy one anothers company. Third, I am something of a long time Nintendo fan, so all of the trophies, playable samples, music, and mixed lore from two decades of Ninendo is fun to rehash. It's a major nostalgia game.

If people don't like it, that's cool, everyones opinion is valid. As for me, I'm keen to throw down. Plus, it is very satisfying to beat jigglypuff into smithereens.

LastKing is right stop complaining, in my opinion you people only think it is boring becuase you suck at that game! That's just it when you suck so bad at a game it's boring to you people so then return and buy something else!!! It's Just that Simple!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back