Member Section??

demonflair

Slowly returning..
Feb 10, 2007
Portugal, Portimão
Wii Online Code
2967-1215-6372-5681
I think that it would be nice to have a Member Section in this forum. In that Section we could do have SubForums in it: Member Reviews, Frequently Asked Questions, Walkthroughs and Tips.

What do you think about this??

You mean one only members can view?

I'm not sure I see the advantage to that. Can you elaborate?

Tips and all that jazz are all over the internet.

miiguy said:
You mean one only members can view?

I'm not sure I see the advantage to that. Can you elaborate?

Tips and all that jazz are all over the internet.

No it's a section where members can give their views in games, give reviews and stuff.

All people would see it, mods, members, and guests.

We could do a Subforum for Member Awards too.

demonflair said:
No it's a section where members can give their views in games, give reviews and stuff.

All people would see it, mods, members, and guests.

We could do a Subforum for Member Awards too.
your first idea sounds okay, but there isnt enough member generated content atm, but i have feeling if such a forum was created, a lot more people would start giving their own reviews and what not

as for your second idea...just a sec..lemme go steal wiireds gay thing..
ga2bf9.gif

members awards would be stupid

:)
Reviews can go in the certain sections (if it's a PS3 review it can go there)
Member awards are silly and just an excuse for people to try and get an e-erection. And there's already plenty of FAQ's and such scattered around the forums, usually stickied, therefore - I vote no.

LOL...

I dunno about that too, but almost every forums have Member Awards, meh... forget about that one.

Awards: Nah, don't like the idea. WiiChat doesn't have that many active regular members, ie members that don't just post in pokemon threads, and this means awards aren't really that worthwhile.

i vote no also. initially i thought of a few things since members hate dealing with n00bs to do a valued members section. yes thats right use of prinnys mushroom.

members over a certain post and rep may enter what do you guys think?

sorry demon but i just hijacked your thread! lol

FABULOUS!! with use of that ghey icon i just might start singing some village people songs :lol:

The_Loose_Cannon said:
do a valued members section. yes thats right use of prinnys mushroom.

With an appropriate choice of the criteria, I think it could work. Does it mean each of them get the red mushroom?

The_Loose_Cannon said:
i vote no also. initially i thought of a few things since members hate dealing with n00bs to do a valued members section. yes thats right use of prinnys mushroom.

sorry demon but i just hijacked your thread! lol

FABULOUS!! with use of that ghey icon i just might start singing some village people songs :lol:
yahhh
we use to think "a certin post count" to get in but then we feared noobs just spamming
but now with rep there also might be the thing (i know there are sad people who do this) who rep one another for rep in return
anyways
i think good requirements would be:
-over 500 posts
-member for at least 3 months
-at least 3 blocks of rep
-could not have been banned more than once (with the exception of lee, of course:wink: )

id say it would be a needed icon in order to differenciate us and them. of course time on and reps wouldn't be the only factors well all work together to come up with better standards and requirements

The_Loose_Cannon said:
id say it would be a needed icon in order to differenciate us and them. of course time on and reps wouldn't be the only factors well all work together to come up with better standards and requirements
read what i just posted above you >.>

Sovieto said:
yahhh
we use to think "a certin post count" to get in but then we feared noobs just spamming
but now with rep there also might be the thing (i know there are sad people who do this) who rep one another for rep in return
anyways
i think good requirements would be:
-over 500 posts
-member for at least 3 months
-at least 3 blocks of rep
-could not have been banned more than once (with the exception of lee, of course:wink: )

damn dude! how do you do it!? lol

this is what i think. anyone who has been here since the new year and before gets in so the cut off for that would be after christmas and new years.

BUT! heres where little factors come in 500 is kind of low but like i said above if you've been here for a long time then you're exempted.

reps will be checked. i feel its a bit corrupted but if used wisely and you deserve those blocks then 3 should be ok

as for ban....i want to say no bans permitted but all the popular members have been baned atleast once here lol so one it is

Back