Regulars Section

Poseidon said:
I've ran my own site for about 4 years now and we tried this on my site. It wasn't productive. It turned into the old members bashing the newbs in their forum. Then admins and mods have to deal with constant whining from new members about why they can't go in there and what they have to do to qualify to get in. I say good moderation throughout the board is the best way to go, if the mods stay ontop of their job there shouldn't be a need to "get away" from the new members.

You sir, are correct.
That is the usual outcome.

That is how the forum is run already..
Any flaming/spamming is taken care of by moderators to the best of their abilities.
I can see your point, but I don't think it is a good idea at all.
It would not be any different than the current "public" forum.
Please do try and convince me otherwise though...

It's a section for some of the older more dedicated members of the site to chat and talk about whatever they want. Basically it's like a gift for the dedicated members of the forum. Over at another forum I post on I have been a member for almost two years and we have had a Regulars section up for over one year now and there has rarely been any complaints from the older/newer members.

Last edited:
Trulen said:
HAHAHAHA.
You'd be surprised what we post.

Or what we don't post.

Srsly. There's maybe a new post every... Week?
And when there is a post, we discuss hiring a ninja to execute one of you :shifty:

But onto an on-topic question... Once this "regulars" section is created... What will be discussed?

Everything under the sun is already able to be posted in the sections veiwable by everyone.

My two cents.:thumbsup:

This is true. I don't have 500 posts although that idea has been forgotten it seems. I do have a higher ratio of posts to days being a member though than a lot. I'd just like to see an expansion. Maybe a final fantasy subforum or rpg sub forum. This is the first forum I've decided to be active in as its got good people and decent topics. But back to the topic at hand, although its a good idea in general, what can't we discuss here that we could there?

acphydro said:
This is true. I don't have 500 posts although that idea has been forgotten it seems. I do have a higher ratio of posts to days being a member though than a lot. I'd just like to see an expansion. Maybe a final fantasy subforum or rpg sub forum. This is the first forum I've decided to be active in as its got good people and decent topics. But back to the topic at hand, although its a good idea in general, what can't we discuss here that we could there?

A final fantasy forum will be mostly dead
A rpg forum will also be dead
A forum for every console (as apposed to one for each like I see on loads of fourms) will be nice

Darkprinny said:

A final fantasy forum will be mostly dead
A rpg forum will also be dead
A forum for every console (as apposed to one for each like I see on loads of fourms) will be nice

Guess people around here don't like RPGs :[

Every console would be nice even PSX, PS2

Poseidon said:
I say good moderation throughout the board is the best way to go, if the mods stay ontop of their job there shouldn't be a need to "get away" from the new members.
QFT. I'm going to have to agree with that too. :yesnod:

Poseidon said:
I've ran my own site for about 4 years now and we tried this on my site. It wasn't productive. It turned into the old members bashing the newbs in their forum. Then admins and mods have to deal with constant whining from new members about why they can't go in there and what they have to do to qualify to get in. I say good moderation throughout the board is the best way to go, if the mods stay ontop of their job there shouldn't be a need to "get away" from the new members.

I agree. If we introduce a "veteran" forum we're just gonna get tons of new members all asking how you get in and spamming their way to whatever post count you need, leading to even more spam and redundant threads than we get now. Plus you'll end up excluding new members who are just as good as the older ones.

acphydro said:
Guess people around here don't like RPGs :[

Every console would be nice even PSX, PS2

What you talking about
Have you not herd of Disgaea

Bulldogxx831 said:
AussiWii you have posted multiple times proving that you dislike this thread. We get it but if you don't like this thread don't come here.

As for the thread, I like where your going but for the sake of people in my situation, non-frequent posters, it should be a limit of how long one has been on the site. As someone else said three months seems reasonable. There would be slim to none immaturity as kids who come here just to be immature would forget to take their pills, get bored, and leave.

I never said i dont like the thread
I said i dont like the idea
also i wasnt aware that there was a limit to the amount of times i can comment in this thread

ooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
wait a minute, thats because there isnt :hand:

also one of the mods has already agreed its a bad idea and it is :ihih:

After completely reviewing this thread, I'll have to agree that doing so would make it worse overall. There would be more people most likely spamming threads with one word posts just to get in. Hell there'd probably be threads about it too.

There are already people doing one word posts. I used to repremand them, but all they do is get all pissy and menstrual. It's not worth the effort.

Gymdawg said:
There are already people doing one word posts. I used to repremand them, but all they do is get all pissy and menstrual. It's not worth the effort.

Yeah. Sometimes or once in awhile I may do a one word post. If the subject doesnt spark enough interest for me to reply to but something funny is said I may pop in to laugh. Not very often at all. Haven't done it yet at least.

Poseidon said:
LMAO THAT SOUNDS AWESOME!!! but thats just my view.

i think some people in here need to go out side, at least maybe once or twice every couple weeks.

Back