Spamming

Truth Bringer

WiiChat Member
Sep 12, 2006
One terribly noticible con I have found within this forum, is that over 80% of all post are spams. This utterly dissapoints me, for i believe this forum (since its popularity) should be a gateway to all knowledge thirsty Nintendo Fans. I congratulate all posters who have actually contributed to the news section and wiichat by posting sufficient opinions and additional material.

Obviuosly guests will not wish to see any of the off topuc forums or the gamings sections, for they are of course, unwii related. I believe that these forums should only be veiwable by actual members, for they are the only ones who use them.

Another striking letdown i have seen, is that certain essential materials included in the site are only viewable by members. Forcing many people like myself to sign in to see this material.

I advise you i0n to stop this at once, unless if you actually make a profit from it?

Overall, i believe that restrictions shall apply to posts that require more than one sentance to help avoid spamming polluting the preciuos rescources of this forum.
Also members should be able to see additional material, I without doubt, will believe that this will increase the popularity of the site.

Becuase i0n, your ultimate goal was to provide a forum that contained fresh news for future wii buyers, was it not?

Currently official news regarding the Wii is very thin on the ground, hence a lot of speculative posting occurs. Mainly release date rumours / gaming rumours etc.

When the Wii is available to buy there will obviously be a huge increase in Official Wii info which will lead to more Wii related discussion that will be new and highly relevant.

Another striking letdown i have seen, is that certain essential materials included in the site are only viewable by members.

Not sure i understand what you mean by 'essential materials'. The only features im aware of that isnt available to guests is viewing of the full size gallery images, and attachments in all forums apart from Wii News. The decision to only allow Registered members to view attachments and full size gallery images is 2-fold. Both cutting down on bandwidth useage and blocking the ability to hotlink them.

It also encourages new visitors to register in order to view them.

Becuase i0n, your ultimate goal was to provide a forum that contained fresh news for future wii buyers, was it not?
Yes thats true, you can find all the fresh news in the Wii News forum. All the other forums are for discussion on all the other specific aspects of the Wii.

Back