General Forum Suggestions

Hey guys.
I haven't been on for around a month or two because my computers were messed up and it took us this long to send them to get repaired. It has been a really long two months.

But it is over now and so I decide to check up on ol' WiiChat to see how things are doing when first thing I notice is the new WiiChat banner. Pretty sweet.
Next thing I notice (because I went into my "New Notifications" area of my CP) is that my User Title was The King of Thieves.
The last time I had that as my Usertitle was in August or something... I think "okay that is strange, maybe someone will know about in the "What Are You Thinking about thread." So I go to my Control Panel when I look through my past threads I have all my old subscriptions from August.

So I am curius, what the hell happened? I don't know if it was the site or my computer that did this but it weirded me out.

EDIT: Oh dear. That is shitty. I just lost about 2000 posts.

Hey guys.
I haven't been on for around a month or two because my computers were messed up and it took us this long to send them to get repaired. It has been a really long two months.

But it is over now and so I decide to check up on ol' WiiChat to see how things are doing when first thing I notice is the new WiiChat banner. Pretty sweet.
Next thing I notice (because I went into my "New Notifications" area of my CP) is that my User Title was The King of Thieves.
The last time I had that as my Usertitle was in August or something... I think "okay that is strange, maybe someone will know about in the "What Are You Thinking about thread." So I go to my Control Panel when I look through my past threads I have all my old subscriptions from August.

So I am curius, what the hell happened? I don't know if it was the site or my computer that did this but it weirded me out.

EDIT: Oh dear. That is shitty. I just lost about 2000 posts.

All explained here:
http://www.wiichat.com/site-feedback/56972-broken-things-broken-welcome-2008-a.html

Everyone lost posts etc. and some lost their name changes and staff settings. Important thing I guess is that the site is still here, good to see you around again though.

How about a easyer way of posting pics that are in your album ?
Its a bit of a pain going thorw all them options just to post a pic

Instead of rep we can have "Thanked 2 times in 2 posts", anyone see that before?
Seen it else ware but not on here

DP
Arsed

NOPE
Heres a prob that isnt major but can make things hard to read
THE UPPER FONT SIZES NEED TO BE SPACED OUT BETTER
Also sig sizes need limits 200x500 is fine

Theres quite a few threads that are pretty old and many are problems that no-one answered.
Its maddening to read thru all this to find its from 2008 or older.
Can they be deleted or updated?

This place needs new MODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THERE'S A ****ING RETARDED PRICK SPAMMING EVERYWHERE AND HES AT 100 POSTS ALREADY!!!!!!!! WHY IS HE NOT BANNED!!!!!!!!!!

Well at least that guy stopped, true it is a pain when he was spamming. The infection is stopped you just have to delete the posts and ban this guy. There are enough mods, they just forgot wiichat exists, does anyone have their emails?
Well I know we are not getting any mods till ion comes back.

I would like to see some effort to prevent unneccessary off-topic chatter inside topics on the forum.
-I mean members should try keep on topic, and keep off-topic chatter private.

You see, off-topic chatter kills forums. I've seen it happen many times. This is why:

1. off-topic chatter drives away serious members, because they can no longer maintain serious conversations on the subject matter, because topics keep getting filled with off-topic nonsense.

2. off-topic chatter drives away new members: When a new member posts his first topics on the forum, he wants to get serious and interesting feedback. However, if his first topics get filled with off-topic chatter, the new member will soon became ex-member.

happily such chatter is not a big problem here. Not yet, anyway. but I do see sings that it is on the rise. And if it spirals out of control, this forum will be dead within the year.

I'm quite serious here. My favourite forum for xbox died because of idiots who kept filling the forum with their off-topic nonsense.

chatter is not a big problem here. Not yet, anyway.

Not ever, for I wield the Hammer of N00b's Bane.

... But srsly lawl. These "sings" ya speak of ain't anywhere t' be found. You're a bit of a newbie yourself y'know; two months and 52 posts ain't really the amount of time required to judge such things accurately. From what I remember, most of the off-topic nonsense that occurred in Wiichat's early years (as is normal for any well-populated forum) dissipated 'fore I joined in 2008. Mods were crackin' down hard in those good ol' days, let me tell ya... they had to. :lol:

Regardless, your concern over the forum's well-fare is sure as **** appreciated. If ya see any prolonged off-topic conversations, please do report 'em and it'l be dealt with hastily.

Back