Review Section?

RivalDestiny

WiiChat Member
Staff member
Dec 15, 2006
Michigan
Wii Online Code
0409-5781-9484-0073
It'd would be nice to have a (game) review section, I've written up some and I think it deserves a spot on the forum..

This is a good idea! Reviews are always really nice to read before buying a game, and different reviews from non biased as well as non IGN or Gamespot people is always nice. This would keep fellow Wiichatters from having to post random reviews that would probably have the opportunity for more exposure if there was a review section. You have my vote!

i could of sworn there have been threads about this in the past.......maybe its just my hangover talking.

anyways, i agree a review section would be a nice little addition. we technically do have one though with the wii news forums but one designed for the members would be great. all the reviews are kinda scattered in miscelanious sections of the board here.

might help eliminate the clutter even more.

Great idea, but I know some members will go wrong. They'll start posting topics that are not revelant to reviews and the regualr biz that we see mostly anywhere on the forum. I suggest the 2 options are:

1) Only allow certain members to post there.
2) Make a moderator patrol that section regularly.

Last edited:
Certain Members...how would we do that?

I can't see this working. Its a good idea - but you would have some people writing 4 page reviews, and others writing 4 letter reviews. Also the question of objectivity - will people be fair and unbiased in their reviews? Will the quality of writing be good enough to publish? (As I'm sure it would/should be viewed by internet browsers who aren't wii-chat members - could it reflect bad on the site having articles written with poor grammer/spelling).
The articles section on this site is prety good - but the "news" section is lacking in quality.

It would need to be something that is controlled by a mod/data-controller. One person who has the sole ability to create threads & Polls etc - Otherwise we will have things like "RE4 Review", then the "RE4 Official Review" then someone would make their own "RE4_Wiichatter's name's_review".

And how do you choose what members are able to post? Post count? Rep? writing ability? Popularity? Objectivity?- How do you measure these things..?

I can't see a review section popping up anytime soon. It could be done - but it will either suck, or be a lot of work to implement.

Yeah I had petitioned about this a few months ago and i0n said he might do it
Oh and hello all I'm back

A review section is a great idea. It will make it easier to find and read the reviews because at the moment, they are all over the place.

Back