User Reviews Section

Ok, so the system is pretty much there.

Could just use a few reviews to kickstart it :)

Decided to go with the IGN style review system, with the broken down scoring and a final overall out of 10.

Here's a bit more info about the system.

Moderated:

All review submissions and replies will need to be approved before they are added. The process will be the same as submitting threads/replies now but they wont be displayed until they've been verified and approved.

This will make sure the review section is quality controlled.

Master Reviews

To avoid a lot of duplicate content and hassle when searching for reviews, each title will have 1 review thread. The most in-depth and well written review will be the first. With every member able to add their own review below and rate the game according.

(Im looking into a digg-style voting system where you can vote up or down the most helpful review/reply.)

If the same users are consistantly submitting quality reviews we will more than likely establish a reviews team to handle all of the main review posts.

Again an effort to keep quality.

-----

If anyone wants to submit a review for the new system (currently only reviews for Wii games).

Then here's the desired format:

Title:
-------------------------
Review:

-------------------------
Rating (score out of /10 + 1-2 sentence summary on your decision).

Presentation
Graphics
Sounds
Gameplay
Future Playability

Overall

==============================

No need to worry about the formatting or screenshots, all that will be added for you.

Feel free to PM them to me as a post or attached .doc file.

The hopefully we can get this established and add hardware/VC/accessories reviews etc.

I would support a user review section - I'd definitely write a review or two.

EDIT: I see that you're only accepting Wii reviews currently. Will there be a section at some point for DS game reviews?

Last edited:
Thanks for all the work that has gone into this! I didn't think many people would support this thread, but I'm definitely looking forward to both reading and writing some content for this forum.

i0n said:
Already received a couple submissions - thanks guys :)

Keep um coming!

You should make an announcement on the Home screen or in the News Section. That way, members who haven't been keeping up with this thread can stay in the loop.

I've requested this for awhile now, and it may even come true :smilewinkgrin:. If you guys want to see some of my reviews just go to my profile...but I'd be glad to be one of the reviewers..

Back