User Reviews Section

naisatoh

MS3
May 26, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
Wii Online Code
6760-4137-2833-7556
I'm not sure if this is feasible, but I thought a User Reviews Section would make an excellent addition to WiiChat.

The way I see it, there would be a standard template for each type of review, whether it be for games, hardware (controllers), or other accessories (bags, decals). These templates would contain categories that require users to write a short paragraph describing how the product excels or falls short in each area.

I think this would be a great way for users to share their thoughts and opinions in an organized and straightforward fashion. Not to mention, it would make WiiChat a great place for users to come and get information from other real life users instead of relying on reviews written by "professionals" (I think many of you would agree that some of the reviews on sites like IGN aren't all that trustworthy).

Thoughts? I'd be happy to volunteer putting together a few templates if anyone were interested.

I think it is a nice idea. It will be a chance for eager young journalists to begin their writing pieces now. However, I think i0n is the only one who can approve such additions, so I am not too sure when this will actually become accepted. It is still a nice idea nonetheless.

Well I agree as well, it would be a nice addition to the site no doubt.
I also would love to be a writer for it, and writing is something that I may plan on doing in the future.

Again nice idea.

Byuakuya said:
I think it is a nice idea. It will be a chance for eager young journalists to begin their writing pieces now. However, I think i0n is the only one who can approve such additions, so I am not too sure when this will actually become accepted. It is still a nice idea nonetheless.

True.. I guess we'll have to wait for i0n to return before we see any substantial layout changes. However, I'm glad there are others out there who support the idea.

Nice idea yeah

but for now

you can read my reviews from the internal (meaning link to a thread in wiichat) link in my signature for my opinions on games, up till now like 13 reviews.

some sites that do have personal reviews are

Play.com (online shop with user reviews under each game)

metacritics.com
(tonnes of reviews for all catagories of entertainment, has reviews taken from all magazines, and reviews written by members, also has 2 average scores beside each game, 1 for magazine average, 1 for used average)

but yeah i think it would be good to put this onto wiichat

Well now that i0n has made a comeback, I think maybe a suggestion for a review section or something isn't too much to ask.

So could we have one?
I personally think it would be a great addition to the site, and I as well as other member would love to write in there.

There's a review system actually in place on the site - but it's tucked away in the staff section.

The system would be ideal for what you guys want but it needs a little tweaking for the layout and design etc.

I always imagined it purely for game reviews but the hardware/accessories idea sounds great.

I'll re-familiarise myself with it again and see what i can do.

i0n said:
There's a review system actually in place on the site - but it's tucked away in the staff section.

The system would be ideal for what you guys want but it needs a little tweaking for the layout and design etc.

I always imagined it purely for game reviews but the hardware/accessories idea sounds great.

I'll re-familiarise myself with it again and see what i can do.

That would be great i0n, it's nice to hear what games are like from the "average Joe".

Yeah.. I would hate to see a sub-forum full of "ZOMG BEST GAME OVER BFF!!?"

That's why I think templates would be a good idea. It would require users to explain their thoughts and opinions in a clear and organized manner. Dividing the template into sections would make sure users don't limit their reviews to one sentence, but rather encourage them to write brief accounts of how the game or accessory stands up in different categories. Not to mention, it would allow readers to navigate through to areas that interest them the most.

Of course, any good forum that wants to maintain the quality of their threads (especially reviews) would require good moderators that can make sure the content is mature and informative.

Don't worry all submitted review will be placed in a moderation queue. Once i've finished getting the layout done i'll post up some more more info.

Back