Member Section??

wiired since there aren't many regulars and smart posters out there, i figured wed make a better lounge for ourselves. > BIG upgrade since it seems some of you are POed about losing the ability to talk about taboo subjects like religion and politics. just still remain curtious and still use common sence. you won't be censored but just don't curse or flame

The_Loose_Cannon said:
damn dude! how do you do it!? lol

this is what i think. anyone who has been here since the new year and before gets in so the cut off for that would be after christmas and new years.

BUT! heres where little factors come in 500 is kind of low but like i said above if you've been here for a long time then you're exempted.

reps will be checked. i feel its a bit corrupted but if used wisely and you deserve those blocks then 3 should be ok

as for ban....i want to say no bans permitted but all the popular members have been baned atleast once here lol so one it is
well, we cant just have it a perme before new years cut off because then we'll have wayyyy to many people complaining about wanting to get in and what not
500 IS low, but the next logical step up would probably be 1000, but it is kind of a lot and not everyone has the time to always post and post, but then again, the section i guess would be for us forum addicts..
you can check reps? i was hoping you could, that would change everything, make it a lot easier.
and for the bans i was leaning towards more people who might come in here, be stupid, get temp banned, then be way more mature and become respected after that (which happens a lot) so it would be unfair to keep someone out just because they were banned back when they were a newb
also, if you were kinda referring to me by any chance, in case ya didnt know, ive never been banned :wink:

Last edited:
Wiired said:
Sounds cool to me, aslong as people don't start thinking they gain 'bragging rights' just because they're in the section and others aren't.
That was the main argument against having this forum, as it was argued that it created elitism around WiiChat. But I'm sure we can get around this.

i don't know if we can “approve” because heres the thing.

for instance on a weapons forum that i go on certain features are unavailable until you become a paid member. i0n would have to set it up in our control panels where we can grant mushrooms and once you have that you can enter the “insert corny nintendo lounge name”

Wiired said:
Sounds cool to me, aslong as people don't start thinking they gain 'bragging rights' just because they're in the section and others aren't.
:sick: why would someone want to brag to an underling?

on a serious note, the members who are coming into this section should be mature enough not to do this, if they arent, then they obviously arent ready for it.

sovieto no i wasn't refering to you silly goose.

anyways yes i can view and edit reg i just cant change the number or anything like that.

as for the cut off yea your right. i just pulled those dates out of my magical butt. lol if you all can reach a better verdict lets here it

other than that i see no flaws in this so far unless someone can tell me otherwise.

the braging crap will not be tolerated

The_Loose_Cannon said:
i don't know if we can “approve” because heres the thing.

for instance on a weapons forum that i go on certain features are unavailable until you become a paid member. i0n would have to set it up in our control panels where we can grant mushrooms and once you have that you can enter the “insert corny nintendo lounge name”
BUT... you and/or other mods can approve members getting the mushroom in the first place before getting i0n to alter settings etc.

ETA: Not sure if I fully understand what you mean.

hmmmm
will we be using the requirements i suggested?
and if so/not would it be 500 or 1000 posts...or maybe 750 o_O
i think 500 if its 3 months, if more than 3 months (say 6 months?) then 1000 posts would be acceptable, because 3 months/1000 posts is averaging 11-12 posts a day
6 months, half a year, sounds good, and hard to get into, youd have to be devoted to this forum like all of us, and even though you havent even been here 6 months, if i0n dose decide to do this, by the time it all happens im sure itll be well into july (even though youd get in regardless if it was 6 months)

later on tomorrow im going to write in staff chat about this. who knows it might be a great addition and solve this sites little maturity problem were having

Could somebody summarize this whole idea? I'm still a bit confused on what this exactly is.

FR. said:
Could somebody summarize this whole idea? I'm still a bit confused on what this exactly is.
a section on the forums that only certain members can access
to join access to this forum you must meet some requirements, namely, being a wiichat member for so long, having a certain about of rep, and having a certain about of posts. this forum will be a place where the more "mature" wiichat members can chat and what not without the disruption of nubs randomly asking to trade pokemon eggs

not even that sovieto

it will just be more or less like the lounge but with more benefits oh! like no waiting in between searches or unlimited ability to rep

see there has to be some draw and benefit to wanting this valued members section. cant be just for the simple fact of wanting a more mature crowd

Back