Metroid Other M

O_O

DUN DUN DUN!

Guys, I, I, I think I just thought of a way to use that thing in a totally kick ass way.

Okay, a horror survival game that requires you to wear that thing. First off, make the game scary as hell. So this thing checks your heartbeat right? Okay so you see creepy invironments and things in the corner of your eye and you might get a little freaked out. Something moves and you might jump a little. The faster your heart gets to beating the more your character starts to panic. He starts seeing things thats not there and the camera gets a little shakey, etc.

Okay, a horror survival game that requires you to wear that thing. First off, make the game scary as hell. So this thing checks your heartbeat right? Okay so you see creepy invironments and things in the corner of your eye and you might get a little freaked out. Something moves and you might jump a little. The faster your heart gets to beating the more your character starts to panic. He starts seeing things thats not there and the camera gets a little shakey, etc.

Lmao, so like what zapper said then?

Nah, I know it's different. Yeah that could be very good. They'd have to make it **** scary though or it would be pointless on a lot of people.
I know this won't be on the Wii, but this could be good on Heavy Rain, which already makes things difficult when big decisions have to be made. Your speech options are displayed on screen and you have to choose which one, and if you're under pressure (e.g. a knife to your throat, you're lying, etc.) then the options become fuzzier and move around the screen faster, making it harder to focus on the best decision. Imagine them basing that on your heart rate! That would be cool.

Lmao, so like what zapper said then?

Nah, I know it's different. Yeah that could be very good. They'd have to make it **** scary though or it would be pointless on a lot of people.
I know this won't be on the Wii, but this could be good on Heavy Rain, which already makes things difficult when big decisions have to be made. Your speech options are displayed on screen and you have to choose which one, and if you're under pressure (e.g. a knife to your throat, you're lying, etc.) then the options become fuzzier and move around the screen faster, making it harder to focus on the best decision. Imagine them basing that on your heart rate! That would be cool.
Yes it would. I had another idea, but I lost it. :(

Yeah that would be pretty good. The possibilities are endless and I'm sure either Nintendo or a third party will find some use for it (Trauma Center game with it maybe?). I just wish they would show some practical use for it other than just a picture.

LOL! Yeah that Vitality Sensor thing was weird. It seems like it may be interesting, but with nothing to really show it off with I think they revealed it too early.

This actually seemed very interesting to me, mainly for the health applications.

Metroid: Other M is simply too awesome for words.

yea this is what metroid should be like, the prime series were amazing and all but i always felt like it lacked action and intensity and i would always get bored of it after a while. this however seems like it will get the player more involved. cant wait!

LOL! Yeah that Vitality Sensor thing was weird. It seems like it may be interesting, but with nothing to really show it off with I think they revealed it too early.

Agree that it was unveiled too early but I have a feeling this thing is gonna be HUGE. I remember people arguing that Brain Age and Wii Fit were lame ideas. With Nintendos genius I'm actually excited to see what they'll pull off with this thing!

P.S. I found a design flaw. Why didn't Nintendo make this sensor wireless? Being that it's wired makes it less accessible and kills developer ideas because it takes place of the nunchuck.

Last edited:
I don't have the patience for Metroid Prime games, maybe I'll like this better. But still, no gameplay videos yet?

I don't have the patience for Metroid Prime games, maybe I'll like this better. But still, no gameplay videos yet?
It just got announced this month and is set for 2010. Why on earth would you expect a full gameplay trailer yet?

Last edited:
I am really excited for Metroid Other M and I cannot wait until next year. It looks totally different from all the other metroid games and I bet that there are a lot of cool new features, moves, weaopns, abiilities and more. That game is going to be off the chain.

Back