Metroid Prime 3: Corruption In 2008?

mym6 said:
I imagine they want to get the control scheme perfect for one. MP3 will most likely setup what will become the defacto standard for FPS game player control. They need a provide fast, but not jumpy cross-hair for aiming, the correct sensitivity for turning and everything else. The Wii provides excellent opportunity for great game control but someone has to program it right.

I find the cross-haris in Zelda TP to be a little too slow and the dead zone is too big. Oddly enough, the "cross-hairs" in the News Channel is closer to perfect to me. It's not jumpy but is very responsive. The "cross-hairs" on the Wii menu are entirely too jump and twitchy to be useful in a FPS.

I will gladly wait for MP3 (partly because I have MP2 to finish yet) if it means improved play control, story development and everything else. Someone quipped that Sonic was created so quickly but don't forget the scope of Sonic is entirely different than say Metroid. In Metroid, the developers need to be careful that each item opens up new areas and that you cannot access items out of order. While sequence breaking is fun, it ruins the linearity of the game as well as the story.

I agree completely. Zelda was pretty good but not perfect by any means. I also think that Metroid is going to be the base on which future FPS are going to look back on to configure their buttom schemes. So I'm fine with the delay as long they make significant improvements to it.

Look at all the hatin' on red steel. You don't want another controversy like that if it wasn't delayed.

MasterJedi2U said:
I agree completely. Zelda was pretty good but not perfect by any means. I also think that Metroid is going to be the base on which future FPS are going to look back on to configure their buttom schemes. So I'm fine with the delay as long they make significant improvements to it.
Im not since I want an online game I;ll play alot and since Super Smash is not coming out this year I want Metriod or if they made Mario Kart 64 online then I would not care and they could delay it but I want to play Wii games online and so do most wii owners Nintendo needs to stop delaying games unless there going to do something else to make up for it. I could live if they gave us a Demo of Metriod with one online level (like what there doing with Halo 3) but making us wait another 4 months is BS.

Brawny said:
Look at all the hatin' on red steel. You don't want another controversy like that if it wasn't delayed.

ROFL, that's a perfect example we don't want a clone of Red Steel. It was clear that the game was rushed and everyone is giving it bad ratings. Now if we just sit back and wait, this game will be even better and there will be no complaining or moaning about poor gaming quality. Patience is a virtue my friends. (LOL, I sound like an old genie woman. :frown2:)

mym6 said:
The Wii provides excellent opportunity for great game control but someone has to program it right.

I find the cross-haris in Zelda TP to be a little too slow and the dead zone is too big. Oddly enough, the "cross-hairs" in the News Channel is closer to perfect to me. It's not jumpy but is very responsive. The "cross-hairs" on the Wii menu are entirely too jump and twitchy to be useful in a FPS.
MasterJedi2U said:

Actually on Zelda in the options scrren unders controls you can hit I think the + button and fine tune contorls for pointing, such as the biggest help - sensor bar size in relation to your TV, you need to do this, that fixes the dead zone problem especially on 16:9 mode (480P widescreen zelda is so sweet just got my new LCD HDTV and Zelda looks soo much better now), also you can + or - the crosshair for up or down calibration as the sensor bar will make you aim to high or low this will somewhat correct that, maybe more adjustment for MP3, zelda has 5 height adjustment levles so might not be exact for your tv. but after this tuning you will notice that control is even better than default and really borders on the exactness of light gun calibration. they need to add this calibration to the normal Wii menu, guess another e-mail to nintendo is in order, everyone e-mail nintendo and ask for Zelda type calibration for the Wii settings menu.
<edit> yes it is - for menu then options on bottom right then hit + for calibration. check it out, completely changes the gaming experience. submit request to nintendo here for system update on menu options for sensor bar please, will help everyone - http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/webform.jsp

Last edited:
We really need to sit back and wait, this motion controllers are new, and also new for gaming expirience, nintendo have to do the games in a way they don't backfire, since its a new way of expirience a game, its also a new way of producing it, modify it and also since we don't have the graphics like ps3 or 360, the game have to be reasonable in graphics.

T_T

I respect the delay and all, but ****, this game better be ****ing epic...

you-make-bunny-cry.jpg

XBOX owners konw that a big delays can complicate things, that as happened with Halo 2 (they messed up with the storyline). But there's always good delays. Those are the delays that Wii owners need.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption of The Perfect Delay... (lol)

I'm fairly happy to wait as long as I have some other killer titles to keep me busy. I also still need to make time to finish off Echoes so the delay does make that task a bit easier.

i'm going to keep this true, plain and simple:
1.Metroid 3 comes out June 1st, with Smash Bros Brawl
2. It includes online play, (thats why it was delayed.)
3. Rumor is you can play as a space pirate, or a federal soldier (samus's people or watever) or a samus when playing online.
4. A rumor but also kinda true; u can use the so-called "wii headset" while playin online to talk to others.
i read this from Miyamoto, Sakurai, and that group who did Metroid DS. (i forgot their name)

Back