Mii Profile suggestions

Rein

Lick Mii Wii Balls.
Dec 12, 2006
UK
Wii Online Code
7208-3120-7748-8023
My main suggestion would be about the fact that you can have the "Network" and "Discussion" features. Could you perhaps modify and adapt these add ons so that you can have "Clans" or "Groups" i0n; I doubt it'd be that difficult...

People can create and manage groups and maybe have private forum chats or just private comment boxes ... hard to explain but those who use MySpace should know what I mean; you can have Groups and have a mini forum etc... would be amazing if we could do it too :).

Another suggestion I guess could be enabling us to add code into our block content... if this is already possible; my bad. (I know it could cause problems aka pop-ups etc etc etc but it would still be nice if we could add some nice little coding into our block content :).)

Last edited:
I second having like a group chatbox.

I would love for my Elebits Friends Thread to use that, everyone who has Elebits can join it and post things in there such as new maps they made all done within the Mii Profile area. Excellent Idea Rein!

Now are you purposely trying to give me more work by starting this thread? Because I have to update the guide if we add new features!!! lol. jk.

I recently talked to i0n about having a 'Reviews' block installed in for a Gaming page. I'm currently working on this part for the guide, this being that each user can make their own Page in their Mii Profile that they can post their own reviews in! i0n loved the idea and is currently looking into it.

Yup; Mii Profile is quite a big base to build upon. A lot of potential ideas can easily happen. It's just a shame that not many people are using it yet; but I'm glad the people who do aren't retarded.

As long as there is no music box for artists or whatever, sorry MySpace fans that love that feature, but music on a webpage is VERY annoying.

I'd like to see the Mii Profile be as Gamer/Wii related as possible, nothing that could be potential for abuse.

Another suggestion came to mind; the Reputation system should be combined with the Rating system, and allow the comments and ratings to be seen publicly.

I actually think the rating system should be removed, well just the stars part. However It would be neat to modify it to show like Mario Stars, but the stars aren't clickable like they are now. So make it where how many Mario stars there are, are in relation to how much rep you have.

We really need to start making more use of the reputation system here, it'll show everyone who is respected and overall a nice follow forum member, and lower the amount of the trolls we have here.

BTW, I wonder how many Rep points are per bar here. I believe standard is 100 rep points per bar. Quite a bit if you ask me, it should probably be changed down to 50 points per bar, and once you get to about 3 bars it goes up to like 100 points per bar afterwards. Quite frankly having it 100 points per bar just takes forever to get to the first bar, and people are less likely to use the system because of how many points are needed. 50 is a good starting point.

Last edited:
Well someone gave me "Reputation" and they said it was positive but it was shown up as a "GREY" square and it didn't give me any extra Reputation points; which was a bummer.

Well I agree that the Rating system sucks; but if we combine it with the Reputation system it would be a lot better; so we can see who gives who reputation and why.

I agree with my friend, X. It seems way too much to get to 100 rep points when so few people actually rep in the first place.

And I have another suggestion if it's possible...like X said, 50 points sounds good for positive rep. But people who are just spamming up the place need to be pointed out...and I think that it would be good if for every 10 or 15 negative reps that you get, you either lose a green bar or (in the case of not having any green bars) you gain red bars. The negative rep should be shown more so that people can easily avoid those spammers or people who constantly just say nothing but nonsense.

Ah, here let me explain it to you.

The reputation system is setup in a way that the user giving the reputation needs to have at least 50 posts, and one rep point in order to give rep points that carry any value. So most likely the person who gave you yours did not meet one or both of the requirements I listed above.

Its made this way so the system can't be abused with a bunch of people creating dozens of account to abuse the system and give their main account loads of rep points.

Although today I got my first negative rep, because I put "Nintendo Rules" in one of my post and the comment for the rep was "fanboy, gay peice of crap" but not exactly in as nice as wording as I just said now. Last I checked, this was a Nintendo forum right?

Last edited:
Rein said:
Yup; Mii Profile is quite a big base to build upon. A lot of potential ideas can easily happen. It's just a shame that not many people are using it yet; but I'm glad the people who do aren't retarded.
Most people that use the forums are using it. But it would be cool to have more people using it.

I like your Ideas, especially about the clans/groups. I don't use myspace, but I think I understand what your saying; the comment box being changed so that only group members can write in it? That would be cool, and it will prevent spam (it will be used eventually for that)

I was thinking - "How can we get more people to use Mii Profile?"

Then it hit me.

Why not make another competition out of it?
(God knows what the prize will be.)

Anyway either;
- Best Custom Style.
- Best Overall Homepage/Profile.

Or maybe we could have a bunch of awards and then have members vote along-side eachother on other peoples profiles;

Example said:
Most Creative:
Most Professional:
Best Style:
Best Content:
Funniest:
Best Adaptation:

etc... and then each winner could get some kind of "Most Creative Award." and have it pinned under their little mini-statistic on the left of every post (where you can see our avatar etc).

It would be quite difficult to manage... and it's just a spur of the moment idea ... haven't really thought it through much.

Also X, can you read your guide thread; I'm having trouble editing blocks - it just won't let me :(.

Last edited:
This is in need of a bump.

How about someone bumps it?

*cough*

Back