MMORPG Game Idea for Wii/DS

Torin

WiiChat Member
Mar 24, 2008
I wasn't really sure where to put this so I put it in the widest search section. This is just an idea I have come up with the availability from the Wii and the DS. If you can now see that all the new Wii Hardware games are starting to become more heard of and well this idea just popped into my head.

Now imagine having a massively multiplayer online role playing game, such as WoW, but being able to interact both on the Wii and on your DS. I have yet to come up with how the two could be used but, for the Wii it could be a whole new channel where you could use your Wii to choose a class, then a clan or group and then you have certain interactions with other clans, whether it be ninjas vs pirates or knights vs soldiers. Just a broad idea I had, nothing specific but something that could turn out to be really cool.

Any opinions, criticism, or ideas? Just want to hear if anyone else out there has ideas about the Wii and DS connections or MMORPG?

Would work better on the Wii itself. Would be neat to be able to have some sort of DS interaction. You wouldn't want a game that would force people to have both systems, but at least encourage it.

Torin said:
I wasn't really sure where to put this so I put it in the widest search section. This is just an idea I have come up with the availability from the Wii and the DS. If you can now see that all the new Wii Hardware games are starting to become more heard of and well this idea just popped into my head.

Now imagine having a massively multiplayer online role playing game, such as WoW, but being able to interact both on the Wii and on your DS. I have yet to come up with how the two could be used but, for the Wii it could be a whole new channel where you could use your Wii to choose a class, then a clan or group and then you have certain interactions with other clans, whether it be ninjas vs pirates or knights vs soldiers. Just a broad idea I had, nothing specific but something that could turn out to be really cool.

Any opinions, criticism, or ideas? Just want to hear if anyone else out there has ideas about the Wii and DS connections or MMORPG?
you know I had the same idea once, and it would be great! like the wii is about same graphics as wow, just makin it wow for wii would be awesome! im glad you brought this up!

I've heard discussion about this before. The most popular idea was a pokemon MMORPG. It would probably bring back some old gamers as well as appeal to young gamers.

Do you think it could ever happen? I mean it would not have to be good graphics or anything that is flat out insane, just something that everyone could enjoy and has a good story and gameplay.

I'm pretty sure the DS doesn't have the processing power to for a MMORPG. The wii might, assuming Nintendo holds up their end of the deal. (better servers...)

Bigred said:
I'm pretty sure the DS doesn't have the processing power to for a MMORPG. The wii might, assuming Nintendo holds up their end of the deal. (better servers...)
If the Dreamcast could do PSO, then I'm sure Nintendo could kick something up. A Legend of Zelda MMO or something.

Cero said:
If the Dreamcast could do PSO, then I'm sure Nintendo could kick something up. A Legend of Zelda MMO or something.

Even if they could, I'm pretty sure they won't. The DS has a tiny screen... And how would you communicate?

The wii has a lot more potential for several reasons:
1. Its a console, which means it can handle more complicated and bigger games because of its far superior power. The Wii uses CDs, which have much more memory capacity than the DS card things.
2. With the addition of the USB Keyboard (and hopefully voicechat...) it will allow for easy communication.
3. Its got better controls.

Bigred said:
Even if they could, I'm pretty sure they won't. The DS has a tiny screen... And how would you communicate?

The wii has a lot more potential for several reasons:
1. Its a console, which means it can handle more complicated and bigger games because of its far superior power. The Wii uses CDs, which have much more memory capacity than the DS card things.
2. With the addition of the USB Keyboard (and hopefully voicechat...) it will allow for easy communication.
3. Its got better controls.

That's what I am saying. Wii would be much better for a MMO, but if it were made by Nintendo, DS use could be an optional/useful addition.

TBH I don't think the Wii has the power to hold a good console MMO. I'd prefer a DS Animal Crossing. DS servers are better and we all know it would work on DS.

toomstone said:
good idea been in my head for ages BUT WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?

Well 1)I would contact Nintendo but not sure where how to contact them. And 2) I doubt it would matter if I sent them anything. So I shall sit and play my Wii games.

Back