More Wii secrets unveiled

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
In a recent interview Nintendo god Miyamoto felt it was his duty to share a few more secrets about the Wii console. Blabbing away to an IGN reporter Mr Miyamoto went onto reveal a few intriguing details on the Wii, its controller, and his upcoming games.

Here are the best bits from the article:

Miyamoto also touched upon one of the last areas of the controller's functionality, its speaker. "We had a lengthy discussion on the matter," said Miyamoto about the decision to include either a speaker or a microphone in the controller.

There was apparently even some consideration of including neither in order to keep the controller from becoming too complicated, but this was vetoed. "Because you're using a wireless, rod-shaped remote control to play, it's important to have feedback and reaction to the actions that you take," said Miyamoto. "Controllers until now have used rumble, but we felt that rumble would be insufficient, and ended up keeping the speaker in."

He let out one bit of information, confirming first if it was okay to reveal it. Nintendo is making a game in which four players play together by passing a single controller around. The controller calls out player names in order to indicate whose turn it is.

He also suggested another idea, a game where the controller quietly gives out secret information to individual players as their turn comes about.

You can read the full article over at IGN

I think its a better idea then a microphone because when everybodys loud and having fun how's the game gonna hear your response in the microphone,nice story

I agree the speaker was the best choice as it adds to the realism the controller it self creates. With the speaker it will make it seem as though you actually firing a bow in Zelda and shooting your arm cannon in Metroid:D .

Another genius idea by Nintendo;) .

i read this somewhere before, but does this mean that the wiimote wont have rumble? i think it will, but this article just said that "Controllers until now have used rumble, but we felt that rumble would be insufficient, and ended up keeping the speaker in." they didnt confirm keeping the rumble in.

wiiener said:
i read this somewhere before, but does this mean that the wiimote wont have rumble? i think it will, but this article just said that "Controllers until now have used rumble, but we felt that rumble would be insufficient, and ended up keeping the speaker in." they didnt confirm keeping the rumble in.

I think he meant rumble wouldn't be enough, so that's why they also included the speaker.

Here's a pic from Nintendo's Wii site, which shows rumble; I know this picture is also someone's signature picture on this site, but I forget their name:
controller_features2.png

That's a good thought Nate, but that picture's from along time ago, I would like to see a more recent pic. Then maybe the rumble part would be gone...?

ssbb_lover said:
That's a good thought Nate, but that picture's from along time ago, I would like to see a more recent pic. Then maybe the rumble part would be gone...?

It's not necessarily an old picture. I found it on the Wii Controller page from Nintendo, so if they planned on getting rid of rumble, then they would probably have gotten rid of that picture.

No, that would mean they would have to take it off every site, or ask every site to take it off. They could never get rid of it.

ssbb_lover said:
No, that would mean they would have to take it off every site, or ask every site to take it off. They could never get rid of it.

Well, actually, a lot of Wii sites still use old Wii pics, even though Nintendo has released new ones, like the Wiimote on this page, which is a photoshoped version of one of the first pics of the Wiimote. You can also see a lot of outdated Wii pics on wiicentre.com.

Do you really think they're not going to include rumble??

Remember this story about Sony's PS3 controller?

I'm just saying it's completly possible to have rumble and motion sensetivity in one unit and it work just fine and if it weren't a feature, Nintendo would change the picture and wouldn't care if other sites didn't change their pictures.

I'm not saying I don't want it to happen, I want it to happen bad. I hope that they include both, it would be a mistake if they didn't.

Well, actually, a lot of Wii sites still use old Wii pics, even though Nintendo has released new ones, like the Wiimote on this page, which is a photoshoped version of one of the first pics of the Wiimote. You can also see a lot of outdated Wii pics on wiicentre.com.
That just confirms that they could never get rid of old ones...

ssbb_lover said:
I'm not saying I don't want it to happen, I want it to happen bad. I hope that they include both, it would be a mistake if they didn't.

That just confirms that they could never get rid of old ones...

OK, are you saying that Nintendo would care if certain pictures were still used by sites other than it's own because that just isn't realistic?

If they changed that picture where the rumble feature is displayed, they wouldn't give a crap if some sites were too lazy to change their pictures.

Sony changed the controller from that boomerang-looking-thing to what it looks like now, but I'm sure there are some PS3 forums that still have that picture as their banner or whatever and Sony doesn't care because they expect people intrested in their console to go to their site where the most up to date pictures are displayed.

....so there:lol: jk

I'm just saying they could pretty much never get rid of the pics, that's all:tard:

Back